Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello. a friend of mine just got a wing that urgently needs new rubber... i already recommended him the E3. but right now hes looking for something he can afford as he just bought the bike and went to a long 4 day trip with me and hes low on money.

What set of tires would you recommend for the 1200?. im thinking about buying them on americanmototire but i dont know which brand/model would be the best price tires.

thanks in advance. ride safe.
.·.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Tell him to wait a payday, and get the E3's.
It'll be cheaper-in the long run.

Or, get a car tire, and go in straight lines.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I ran metzlers on my 4 banger wings wth no problems

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hi William, I woldn't hesitate to use just about any brand I could afford, Bridgestone, Kenda, Dunlops, Metzler or whatever. If you can get some of the older Dunlops like the 491s they were good tires too. Just make sure they are rated for the weight of the 'Wing.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm into my second Bridgestone on my 1200 (rear tires)and am very happy with them. The first one gave me unbelievable mileage, the second won't get the miles the first one did?
I've had a Metzler on the front and again gotten a bunch of miles on it. It's getting about time to change it out, when the money is available.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Matt G wrote:
I see your 1800 has 67,000 miles....My 2001 just turned 67,000 today

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I recently installed a Kenda Kruz on the back of my 1200...and I must say that it rides very nicely.. I cut the sidewall on my first Kenda (exposed belts) ...and it didn't lose it's air.. I will be putting one on the front by spring time..

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Some good reports are coming in about the Shinko. Half the price, and they're the old Yokahoma. They sure were tough tires on equipment.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

chesterwgunn
I have a kenda cruze on the back of my 1100, 2 major issues I have found.

1. As it wears the tread on thesmall triangle treads on the edgesthat point outward don't wear with the rest of the tire due to thesipes and actually in a hard corner it will feel like a knobby. This first time I noticed this the tire held it justfelt unnerving, the other day I could actually feel it slip in the turn.

2.Before mine even got to the wear bars it started bleeding air through the center tread.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

Matt G wrote:
i'm running metzlers on the LTD and i love them. i paid 124.99 for the back and 119.99 for the front at cycle gear in victorville ca.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.