Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am wondering if anyone has tried a regular walkie talkie unit with a headset to communicate with a passenger? I know I can get a headset with a mic and plug it into my Midland walkie talkies. I was wondering if that would work at all once on the road. Anyone tried it? Every system I've seen out there is really expensive.

I've tried these bluetooth ones (http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Multi-Interphone-headsets/dp/tags-on-product/B001SUZNGW), but they didn't work well and sent them back.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
imported post

I tried this out it works OK... what I learned is it is illegal to have headphones in your ear while riding. The ones I bought I could use as VOX but the wind caused some problems...

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

There is a system on eBay for $9 head sets with ear buds and a mic. You put them on then out on your helmet, battery operated and has a plug for a MP3 player..But the buds are hard to keep in your ear and the mic arm is a little short.but they do work.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

I tried it one time but the volume wasn't really loud enough and wind noise caused problems with the mic

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

I tried a set of midland with buds and boom mic and they work very nice. Plenty of volume and no wind noise.

oldmanonavtx

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I just went out and got a set of J&M headsets that go into the helmet and plug into the bikes intercom system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.