Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

$50.00 radio,cd player,usb port,mp3 port, from walmart. $15.00 mp3 player from ebay. loaded my cds from truck into computer,computer into mp3. used existing speakers on bike. just took 4 day 675 mile trip worked very well. walkabout :)

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Thats a great idea.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

cool...that would work well...you can also just buy a cassette adaptor for audio input, plug any mp3 into that and gets same results....tape player adaptors are about 10 bucks anywhere including wal mart...glad yours worked for you too with the new radio!!! just my .02

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Pictures!! :cheesygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

sorry i dont have a camera. i have two bikes, i use a cassette adapter on my 87. my 84 needed a new radio so i replaced it. a plus on the new radio is it will charge the mp3 player on the usb port. both setups seem to work very well and eliminates storing problems with cds and or cassettes. i bought two identical mp3 players so i can charge one while the other plays using the new radio. john we met in wash. last summer. regards walkabout :)

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

walkabout wrote:
john we met in wash. last summer.
Yep I remember and I enjoyed meeting you. :) I don't recall seeing your radio setup though. I was just curious what you did to mount it. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

I have a Sony MP-3 (from Walmart) and love it! I download audio books free from our on-line library. Now I'm well read and entertained!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

i kept the clock it still works, i threw the aftermarket radio in the trash. i bought some 1/4 inch abs black plastic from tap plastic. using a table saw and electric jig saw i cut the plastic. i made a sheet to go under the new radio for it to rest on, i then cut a piece to make a face plate to go around the face of the radio. i fastened all of this with stainless screws. the plastic has a pebble finish so it looks good it can also be glued just by using abs glue. regards walkabout :)

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Sounds good. I'd still like to see pictures sometime if you get a camera or can get someone else to take pictures. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

okay john, i ordered a camera off ebay should show up in a couple of days. i will post some pictures if i can figure out all the buttons. several times in the past people requested pictures, its time i got off my duff. i have enjoyed the pictures other people have posted. regards walkabout :)

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

walkabout wrote:
okay john, i ordered a camera off ebay should show up in a couple of days. i will post some pictures if i can figure out all the buttons. several times in the past people requested pictures, its time i got off my duff. i have enjoyed the pictures other people have posted. regards walkabout :)
Wow, wasn't expecting that, but cool! You won't regret having the camera. Mine is with me on my bike almost all of the time. It's amazing the good pictures you can get when you carry it with you all the time. I look forward to seeing your pix! :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
imported post

I tried the casette adaptor couple of weeks ago on my '89 just kept switching sides would stop so rather than break it took it out. I'm useing a satalite radio. It quit broadcasting on me so tried going direct into casset player. Ended up replacing satalite radio.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Scosche also makes an inline modulator( it plugs into antannaes down under the seat) you just flip a switch and it automatically switches to your aux plug for your mp3 or whatever...completely bypasses the antannae signal...i dont have one yet but am going to install one next spring...you can find these inline modulators on ebay....

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

He has a great idea, I did the same thing a year ago or so, my stereo has the port for the mp3 and a cassette, it came out of Nissan car, I got it for 25 bucks used and bought new Walmart speakers. Sounds great...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Yea, but how much are voice lessons?????

And, what if ya get tickets for disturbing the peace???? Huh??? :?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing but I use the usb for mp3, just got a 4 gig stick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.