Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A birthday present from my daughter http://www.zippo.com/FAQs/handwarmer_FAQs.aspx?bhcp=1

I fashioned a key ring and attached a neckstrap to the pouch that holds it and I wear it inside my jacket on those cold days. 0.4 oz of lighter fluid and this baby burns for 24 hours. Nice litlle gadget to keep you warm! :action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Wow, that brings back some memories. I used to use those as a kid for winter hunting. One in each pocket and good to hunt all day!! you can even pre-warm your gloves with them.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I used to have them for hunting 30 years ago. I think they were called Jones heaters then. They are great Keep you warm all day

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I agree, those things are great for helping keep the cold at bay. I'm like alot of you, haven't seen one in years

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

My old man used one of those when he ran his trap lines in Indiana when I was a kid.Yep, he'd work the graveyard shift and get out to check his traps before coming home.Squirrel hunting was a big deal to him also,and I would get to use it to warm my hands when I went with him. Funny that they are still in use today! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

It's amazing how many things from the past are making newcome backstoday...I had a couple of those years ago and my father, brothers, father in law and brothers in laws also had some...All of us were either big time deer hunters or used them for work..Me I got mine taken away from me once at this gate at a small chemical plant, I forgot them on my way out...Next day I went back, needless to say my hand warmers were not there???? They never saw them.....

I'm gonna go look for me some new ones, I have the "chemical packs" that I used inside the plants after that, no flame, but they don't last very long.....Thanks for bring my attention to them again...

Claude.....

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Several years ago I met a lady that was always having yard sales and doing the e-bay thing. Anyway she had a few of those WITH THE JON*E FLUID. Needless to say, I jumped at buying them and have not regreted it.

PS. Regular lighter fluid works well also. I think they are the same stuff anyway, but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
It's amazing how many things from the past are making newcome backstoday

Thanks Claude...............I'm going to start wearing my light blue leisure suit again!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Flyone wrote:
redbaron wrote:

Thanks Claude...............I'm going to start wearing my light blue leisure suit again!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
You have to find some clogs to go with that suit and a spoon ring :dude:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

The skin next to my pocket still burns when it sees on of those! Overfilled it once, darn, that fluid is wicked on that skin!

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
redbaron wrote:

Just the thought of a light blue leisure suit topped with that Bright Yellow Thong tends to warm the cockles on a cold day...:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:Of course you've just got include the tassles from NASSIR :shock: :gunhead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.