Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sorry, see that some one else already posted on these.

Found these cheap wind wings at the JC Whitney site

http://www.jcwhitney.com/WIND-DEFLECTORS/GP_2000645_N_111+1983+200008236+600014140_10111.jcw

Could not beleive the price of them, $3.99

Bought a set installed them and in the process broke one of the mounts, so I re-ordered 2 more sets just so I would have some spare parts if I broke anything else.

The only problem with these are they are low quality and the mounts will break easy, so order extras.

Shipping to Canada was a breeze and my order was over $100. so the shipping was free, only a $10.99 service charge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

No problem, it deserves a reminder......;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Great bargain spotting Jennifer!:clapper:If I had a faired 1100 or 1200 I'd buy a set. Maybe I will anyway on the off chance I might get another one.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Hey silver thanks for the heads up on the quality.I will try not to break them. Do you have a picture of the fracture so I know what not to do.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I assembled the whole assembly, mounted it on my fairing and when I went to adjust the wing, I had tightened the ball too hard I guess, because it snapped the mount where the flat piece meets the threaded part.

This is the reason why you should get an extra one, just for parts. Now i don't have to worry if other parts break, I will have the parts to repair it and this will cut down on the swear factor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Thanks silver i will keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Got mine 2 days ago. i wanted to go install thenm but its like 23 fareheit out today.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

They caught their mistake & now they are $48.99

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.