Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys (& gals)... I'll be pulling the engine on my Aspy in a few days... Does anyone know where we can purchase the rear case, exhaust flange gaskets & carburetor "o"-rings from? I've seen the prices for complete kits range anywhere from $86 to $192 US.. Where can I get them for cheap bucks individually? What are all of you doing when you need gaskets & seals? Is anyone using silicone at any locations?

I will be replacing the alternator drive shaft, and want to replaceall the seals & gasketsduring the re-assembly. I did this job years ago on a 84 Interstate, but the gaskets were readily available then and very inexpensive... :clapper:

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
imported post

Brian, did you register on line ? I have tried, but there seems to be no "Country" option for the UK

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

You can only register with Canada, US Guam etc but when you do you send them an e-mail telling them you want to buy stuff and you live in the UK and they amend this on the order (keep the reference). I was promised that they would be fixing their site to put the other countries in, apparently they only shipped to the USA etc in the beginning but expanded this later on and their site has yet to be updated.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Hi guys (& gals)... I'll be pulling the engine on my Aspy in a few days... Does anyone know where we can purchase the rear case, exhaust flange gaskets & carburetor "o"-rings from? I've seen the prices for complete kits range anywhere from $86 to $192 US.. Where can I get them for cheap bucks individually? What are all of you doing when you need gaskets & seals? Is anyone using silicone at any locations?
I use silicone as well as a new gasket. Not taking any chances with leaks in hard to get at places. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks.. I'll let you all know how the job goes.. :)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

Silicone is a good idea. Also you can use grease with new gaskets instead of silicone. The exess greas will dissolve in the engine oil and won't block the oil pump like silicone will. Grease gives a very good seal.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Sometimes the old gaskets can be rejuvinated with petrolatum (petroleum jelly). This works very well, especially on fuel system parts.

Marco,

Ashland, OR

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Sometimes the old gaskets can be rejuvinated with petrolatum (petroleum jelly). This works very well, especially on fuel system parts.
Thats a great tip Marco, never heard of that before. :waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.