7,889 Posts
imported post

Ran429, I like your ideal of a mc lift.

Gene:clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I like your engine lift, probably lift a bike high enough to silp into a pickup.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Great idea on the lift:clapper:

Is that a GPZ550/750?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Can use it like a "Treadmill", just put a TV in front of it and ride away !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Me thinks you cheated somewhat....:) I see a standard bike lift in the first pic, you need to use that to get the bike up high enough to get the legs of the other lifter in :)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Randy, where did you get the bike lift from? I've got one just like it, came with my bike. The jack crapped out. I had a Harbor Freight lift that I'd bought some time ago and was able to put the HF jack on the red lift, those Chinese sure do copy each other, but would like to find either parts or a new jack to get both lifts working again.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif  Back to Brian's  wooden 4 x 8  block  and pipe lift .. Before I get out some wood, and pipe..     I need to know TWO things ... lol.. 1)    Will it lift a Wing up high enough to be useful,at all /forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif?? as in .. could I change a back tire with it ? (clearly  I could use it for a front ) and 2) Is it safe for a Wing ? ?... as in...... Is it crushing the headers?, and will it fall off and possibly injure me/forums/images/emoticons/sad.gif ?? But it looks like a great idea , otherwise/forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies/cooler.gif .. SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/gl1100smilies/11blue.gif

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I would think that it would put more stress on the bike than a jack type lift since it is going to rub heavily on whatever part it bears on. It might be easier to use and easier on a bike if both edges were radiused to eliminate the square edges. I really can't see it being all that useful for a Goldwing, you can change the rear tire with the bike on the center stand and a small jack under the front edge of the engine will lift the front tire enough to change it.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

There is a jack that has caught my eye made by Larin. It has the lowest profile I believe 2.50" - 16" lift range and it has outriggers plus its pretty about $110 bones.

exavid wrote:
Randy, where did you get the bike lift from? I've got one just like it, came with mybike. The jack crapped out. I had a Harbor Freight lift that I'd bought some time ago and was able to put the HF jack on the red lift, those Chinese sure do copy each other, but would like to find either parts or a new jack to get both lifts working again.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The new Larins are cool not only because they drop down to 2.5" (versus 4-5" for the others), but it has foot pedals for raising and lowering, which means you can hang onto the bike with both hands while raising and lowering. It's not the best in the world, but for the buck it is. Last time I checked, Costco or Sams had them for around $70 or so.

Raymond

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.