Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just bought a2003 Wing (1800 ) and I don't have a manual, but I'd like to know how to check the oil. Where do I looK?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Hey WesWing, welcome. I only know where to check the oil on a 1500 but someone will help you. Obviously you will have to get a manual eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Not sure but you might have a window by your right foot peg/board ?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I tried pulling the side chrome plate off, but it seems like its going to break. And like it is some how connected to the 1 inch peice of chrome above the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

WesWing, send a private message or e mail to "03 silver", he'll tell you what you need to know ? use the seach box!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet, WesWing!:waving::waving:

I know how to check the oil on the older bikes too, wish I had your problem.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Sorry... The dipstick is on the rear case low and right hand side.

I believe that you'll need to pull the right rear engine cover, the chrome cover in the "Y" of the frame, it's just held on by pins in gromets so take your time and be carefull.

When you put the cover back on make sure the pins seat in the gromets, or you'll be giving the Honda man 40.00 for a new cover.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Tony,

It was a "no-brainer" once I knew I could tug on those chrome covers without damaging something. It appears to be very serviceable.

Out for a ride...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.