·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

wonder if he has the whole bike for sale, could cost a little bit, not sure where these guys get their prices from.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I bought a set of carbs for my 84 Aspencade from these folks.. I first saw the ad on e-bay, sent them an e-mail, they sent me their phone number and I gave them a call. I was told that the carbs were removed from a bike that had only 24,000 miles and was running smoothly only the week before.....but they did guarantee the carb slides to be intact... I paid $300 for the carbs and anxiously awaited their arrival. When they finally arrived, I briefly inspected them, but took them on their word that they were "just bolt them on and ride"....Well, I bolted them on, but riding is not something that I did for over a week...Fuel was pouring out of the overflows...I was stunned because these carbs were "ready to bolt on and ride"...After a couple of removals, 2 stuck float valves, 2 plugged primary jets and 4 clogged idle jets, my bike is running well.. After going through all of this, I sent them an e-mail, hoping that maybe they'd want to refund part of my $300 that I spent on crap....Never a response...never a phone call...They had my money and they were through with me... All I can say is "BUYER BEWARE"!!!!!!!!!

Please note, this is only MY opinion...One interesting note...When I called, my inquiry was regarding a set of carbs that came off of a bike that was a different year model than my bike...They then told me that they had a set of carbs off of an 84 bike that would match up exactly...Buy purchasing directly from them, I was unable to leave feedback on e-bay... Hmmmmm....

I'll just end with this, I'm not going to buy anything else from these folks..They wouldn't bother to respond to me..

You decide on your own..This was just my experience..

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

ps- I'll bet you that they thought I'd never have my say...It feels pretty good..

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Well said chesterwgunn, a reply would have been good business ethics. I bought a part from another seller who stated that the part was new and the box had only been open to inspect the contents. However when I received the item it was evident that the item had been use and after closer inspection I realized that some of the parts were missing.

I contacted the seller only to be given "the brownend of the stick".:headbanger: So the only thing that I could do was accept my loss and move on. Sometimes the life lessons are hard but there are honest people out there who stand behind their products. So don't allow this bad experience stop you. Tell everyone about the low-down (&*^*%+# :cussing::fighting:and his sorry business practice.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Thank you 2Wings....I've been hesitant about saying anything about my experience, because I truly wouldn't want to slander anyone....But when they didn't respond to me, it just made me realize what they were in this for...and it wasn't the brotherhood of Goldwingers.....special bike...very special people...Who want's to argue that???

Bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Not sure about 1100 lids, but if this was a 1200 lid, that price would not be unusual. :(

As for your problem with them chesterwgunn, I'm curious if they are under new ownership. I know they were for sale some time ago, under the old name of Old Wing Parts King or something like that, and they were located in another state. He was decent to deal with then and I bought a few parts from him, but his shipping prices were very high. Good to know about how they are treating people now. It doesn't take long for bad news to spread so they will either clean up their act or lose a lot of business.

John

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Wait'll you price a battery cover for LTD/Sei, or any 1200, for that matter. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

CARBURETORS WITH THROTTLE BODY style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"GOLDWING GL1200 GL 1200 Item number: 250241223904

Inbox

X

Reply to all
Forward
Reply by chat
Filter messages like this
Print
Add to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Report not phishing
Show original
Show in fixed width font
Show in variable width font
Message text garbled?
Why is this spam/nonspam?

Chester Gunn

I'm very interested in these carbs... I see that they came off of a 1986 gl 1...

Aug 12

USED GOLDWING PARTSto me

show details Aug 12

Hello,

1) I think my feedback on e-bay stands for it's self.

2) I also think my web site www.usedgoldwingparts.com says who I am.

3) While the carbs are some what interchangeable, each year had it's only model sett and that is what works best.

4) On every carb system I sell, I pull the sliders out and inspect them for damage.

5) I have a good set from a 1984 for $300.00 plus shipping.

Call if you have questions or want to purchase the part.

Payments accepted include, Master Card, Visa, American Express
Money orders,Cashier Checks and Personal Checks.

Mike
305-305-1839
Monday to Friday
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Eastern Time Zone
[url]www.usedgoldwingparts.com[/url]

If we miss your call during these times try back in30 minutes...we could be under a bike or on the other line.

--- On Tue, 8/12/08, Chester Gunn <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: CARBURETORS WITH THROTTLE BODY style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"GOLDWING GL1200 GL 1200 Item number: 250241223904
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 2:22 PM

I'm very interested in these carbs... I see that they came offof a 1986 gl 1200. My bike is a 1984 gl 1200 A. Will these fit my bike? I've been told that they are interchangeable, but I'd like to hear it from an expert.. Also, is this a California carburetor? Mine is not a California model.... My main concern is that the vacuum slides are intact.. I'm ready to buy..I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.. I'm a member of the Steve Saunders style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"Goldwing forum, and you hear so many horror stories about buying style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"parts off of ebay. I'm not suggesting you folks are not legit, as I'm sure you run a very good operation.

Thanks for your help,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

Forward

Chester Gunnto usedgoldwingpa.

show details Aug 25

Well, this is just a follow up on 1984 GL 1200 A carb that I purchased from you a couple of weeks ago. Per our phone conversation, you said that the carbs came off of a bike with 24,000 miles that was running the prior week. I was excited about getting the carbs and I recieved them on Monday 08/18/2008. I was under the impresssion that all I would need to do was to install the carbs and have them synched. Well, it didn't exactly turn out that way. After installing the carbs, I started the bike and while it did run, I immediately noticed fuel gushing out of the carb mechanism. I shut the bike down and checked my connections and everything was fine. I re-started the bike, and the leaks continued. Operating under the assumption that the carbs were on a running bike the week before, I ruled out stuck float valves. I looked closely at the carbs and noticed that one of the bowl screws was loose...The next day, I pulled the carbs, tightened all of the bowl screws, checked as much as I could check and put them back on. The bike fired right back up, but continued to gush fuel....and gush is no understatement. At that point in time, I had decided to send them back, but when I pulled them the next day, I decided to take a look at the bottom side. After pulling the float bowls, I found 2 stuck float valves, one high speed jet completely plugged, and all 4 low speed jets clogged. So, I decided that I'd give it one more try, so I cleaned all of the jets, seats and float valves and put it all back together. Much to my delight, there were no leaks and the bike ran well standing still. I got the bike out on the road, and it began to sputter at just below 4000 rpms...in all gear ranges...and it wouldn't pull up past 3500 rpms in 4th gear. Having decided again to send them back, I pulled the carbs and decided to try one more thing...I replaced all of the vacuum lines, re-installed the carbs and like magic, the bike started right up, it actually idled, and it accelerated to the red line.

I am elaborating on all of this to say that these carbs may have come off of a bike that was running just the week before, but it couldn't have been running very well and I don't see how in the world it could have been running without pouring gasoline out of the overflow. This has been a real learning experience for me. I've learned a valuable lesson. I saved $100 buying your carb instead of one that had been professionally re-built, but that $100 seems minimal now considering the hours that I've had to put into it. The vacuum lines were my oversight...I should have automatically changed them out, and will on any future products.

I'm new to the style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"Goldwing thing, and not even close to being a mechanic. When I heard that I could put these right on the bike, I was hearing what I wanted to hear. In reading the many style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"Goldwing forums, I see a lot of people like me, who have very little mechanical experience, looking to get their bikes running. In the future, it would be my reccomendation that if you tell someone that the carbs are ready to be put on the bike, please be sure that they are infact ready to go on the bike.

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

- Show quoted text -

On 8/12/08, style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"USED style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"GOLDWING style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"PARTS[/b] <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

1) I think my feedback on e-bay stands for it's self.

2) I also think my web site www.usedgoldwingparts.com says who I am.

3) While the carbs are some what interchangeable, each year had it's only model sett and that is what works best.

4) On every carb system I sell, I pull the sliders out and inspect them for damage.

5) I have a good set from a 1984 for $300.00 plus shipping.

Call if you have questions or want to purchase the part.

Payments accepted include, Master Card, Visa, American Express
Money orders,Cashier Checks and Personal Checks.

Mike
305-305-1839
Monday to Friday
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Eastern Time Zone
[url]www.usedgoldwingparts.com[/url]

If we miss your call during these times try back in30 minutes...we could be under a bike or on the other line.

--- On Tue, 8/12/08, Chester Gunn <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: CARBURETORS WITH THROTTLE BODY style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"GOLDWING GL1200 GL 1200 Item number: 250241223904
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 2:22 PM

I'm very interested in these carbs... I see that they came offof a 1986 gl 1200. My bike is a 1984 gl 1200 A. Will these fit my bike? I've been told that they are interchangeable, but I'd like to hear it from an expert.. Also, is this a California carburetor? Mine is not a California model.... My main concern is that the vacuum slides are intact.. I'm ready to buy..I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.. I'm a member of the Steve Saunders style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"Goldwing forum, and you hear so many horror stories about buying style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff88"parts off of ebay. I'm not suggesting you folks are not legit, as I'm sure you run a very good operation.

Thanks for your help,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA
Here is a copy of my complete correspondence with these folks.. They never answered my last e-mail... You judge it for yourself..

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

If you had bought it through ebay, you are protected some what from scammers, and most likely get your money back from items that are not what they were represented! I have twice, but the other 300 or so items were just what were stated!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

not in this or any other lifetime.it seems that the crack is good in Georgia:D:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

glasgowing wrote:
Jeez they're not that rare yet to command those prices are they?

They're having a laugh
They are asking a lot, but not too out of line. That one looks to bike just like new condition. Bikebandit.com gives a price of $158 U.S. for a saddlebag lid. It would be more from Honda directly. That is the cost of new. Where I work, I can say the lids are definitely in HIGH demand and are very hard to come by in good condition. Therefore they do fetch a good price. We base used prices on half of new and with the dollar conversion we would still get $90 - $100 for a lid (canadian)

However they are still asking way too much, but they just may get it too as some people will pay almost anything for what they need. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I paid $200for the trunk and two saddlebgs with all the mounting hardwear just two years ago

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
I paid $200for the trunk and two saddlebgs with all the mounting hardwear just two years ago
Great deal.................pitty us Canadians........:(We gotta pay..........:p...big time!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

i don't feel bad now,got mine for $50 each off "the bay".mind you that the covers also had bags under them.lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.