Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a float charger from FH and I want to make sure it's doing something..how can I check it with a meter to see if it's putting out any juice???

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Any electrical guru's lurking out there...??????

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

I have one from HF, I just went out the barn to test it, it will not light a 12 volt bulb, but I put my volt meter on it and it reads 12.65 volts.
Guess that's the only way to test it to make sure it works.

Hope This Helps

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That's what I tried and got 0.00 V's..not working I guess..back to HF???

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

you need a hook amp meter and a volt meter. then disconnect everything from the battery to be sure there are no extra draws. the connect ur charger. check how many volts at the battery when it is off. and on. then check how many amps are flowing.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
imported post

incandescent test lamp (any polarity) will complete the charge circuit and lite up with voltage applied.. amount it puts out will vary by resistance of battery being charged.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

OK I returned the first one and the new one shows 13.25 volts when I hook up my volt meter. So I had it right just had a bad charger..

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I bought one of those from HF awhile ago, Item# 42292 I noticed that the little box with the light was setting very hot, it started to melt. Yours may diffient than the one I have, But just keep and eye on it. By the time I tried it for the first time and when I purchased it, I couldn't return it. It wasn't that much anyway. Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.