Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Whats the best and easiest way to check coolant on an 1800? Bought the bike last fall and the only maitenace ive done is the oil and changed a low beam headlight.

Weve had some hot days here in wisconsin and the last couple of days my fans have kicked on during city driving. Temp gauge is reading four marks up from the cold mark. Doesnt go any higher than thatbefore the fans come on. Just curious if this is normal. Seems that my 1500 read a little hotter before the fans kicked in.

The bike is an 02

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

The radiator cap is under the right hand side fairing pocket. The coolant reservoir tank is behind the left hand side chrome engine cover.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks. Didnt get a owners manual with the bike so im sort of "winging" it.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

That's a normal reading on the temp guage. Overflow tank in located behind the left side cover (silver) and has a dip stick built in to the cap.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

Don't remove the radiator cap to check coolant level.
Remove the left side cover to expose the dip stick in the overflow bottle-that's where one checks the coolant level!
My 06 temp gage never goes above the mid mark! Leads me to wonder if Honda pinned the gages starting in 06 after all the overheating complaints??? One would think you would see higher temps registered when the fans come on????????????/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.