Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,it's me again,is there any way to check the accuracy of the rev counter on my 1200 aspencade.does it have to be done electronicly or what,or can it be done by comparing it to speedometer.ie 40mph= 2000rpmthis is just a example.bikerfred

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
Hi,it's me again,is there any way to check the accuracy of the rev counter on my 1200 aspencade.does it have to be done electronicly or what,or can it be done by comparing it to speedometer.ie 40mph= 2000rpmthis is just a example.bikerfred
If you work out the total gear reduction through the transmission and rear drive, figure out the exact diameter of the rear wheel under load, calibrate your speedometer, you might get an indication +/- a couple hundred rpm. The easiest way is to borrow a digital tach that clips onto the spark plug wire. Give us a reading from your tach at a speed of 60 or 70mph in top gear and maybe one of the guys on the forum could compare it with another bike's reading, it won't be accurate but it will tell you if your tach is in the ball park.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.