Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need to get some touch up paint for my 1997 SE1500 in two-tone red. I understand from another forum that the colours are candy spectra red with the inset panels being candy garnet red....codes R176C and R199C respectively. However the only paint codes under the gas fill flap are R176C and R176K.....so why doesn't the code R199C appear on my bike?
Thanks in anticipation.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Ted is right. The inset is a decal and Honda don't have a paint code for it as they have a decal part number instead. That's why Colorrite step in with a paint match.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
If yo want numbers there may well be a paint code sticker under the gas filler lid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
97' GL1500SEV Paint Codes

I bought a Goldwing and there was a scrape on the bottom r/s cowl. So, repairs are in order.

The Paint Code under the cap says NH326E
also it says NH-326P

According to the paint codes listed on this site, Honda did not use the two tone glacial pearl white/accent grey in 97'....

So I goto Color Rite and find the colors as described. But I must look under either 96' or 98' to find the info. as 97 does not show the paint scheme.

HERE I am with a 97 title and VIN that match and a code that doesn't.:wtf:

So I'm asking you guys, is it a 97 with a 96 paint scheme or a 97 with a 98 paint scheme and will the codes mentioned above match my 2661 grey from Color Rite?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.