Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I check the oil on my 1500, after wiping the old oil from the dipstick, do I just sit it in and then check it or do I screw it all the way in and then check it?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

set on top of threads, on c-stand. OOOOPPS! You don't have a c-stand.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You set it in there and turn it backwards to get the oil level even all around the stick. You don't measure it with it screwed back in.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have one on it but don't need it.
Thanks, that's what I was doing but just wanted to check to make sure I was doing it correct.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Man, I have not been turnning it backwards to MAKE sure it was even on the stick. I was thinking by just rotating my head around the stick was giving me a good reading. Thankd Rudy for keeping me stright. :ROFL:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

:smiler:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Hey Red! I'm in Smiths Station Alabama, across the river. We should hook up for a ride to Warm Springs or sumpin'! PM me if you'd like to meet some more trikers and wingers! We have a meeting set for this Sat. in Phx.City. Lots of fun! Nice lookin' trike you have there! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Jimsjinx sound like a plan, I will get with you and we will do some riding. I am new to Wings so any help I can get would be great. I will be out of town this weekend but I will get with you next week.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Also let the bike sit for a few minutes (after turning engine off), so that all the oil drains back down into the pan... Otherwise you'll get a low reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.