Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker here but I would like to throw my helmet into the ring and announce the “Chicagoland” 9 hour Rally August 17, 2013. This is the perfect event to try your hand at the long distance motorcycle rallying. Encompassing the “Chicagoland” area, this overgrown scavenger hunt on two wheels is designed to be a fun challenge for riders with all levels of experience.

Rally HQ is Veteran’s Memorial Park 5899 E. 73rd Ave Hobart, IN 46342.

Riders meeting at 8am, Rally starts at 9am and riders shall return by 6pm.

Entrants are welcome to run their digitally equipped full-on rally bikes in the Expert and Novice classes and there will be an optional “Unplugged” rally book for those that do not wish to use GPS or computers. If you are new to rallies, keep in mind any type of bike can be ridden. Farkled out LD bikes are not required to have a successful rally...its all about Reading Comprehension and Time Management.

Cheap Entry fee too: $25 solo $30 two-up ( Kids under 18 as pillions are free BUT they must wear a helmet, long pants and long sleeve shirt )

See the website for more details https://sites.google.com/site/chicagoland9hourrally/

Registration is now open at https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=285

Hope to meet you there.

Phillip
Rallymaster

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Actually this looks like fun, just wish I would be in that part of the country for that timeframe to try it out.

Maybe next year if I remember about it, I can plan to do it. Have fun and ride safe. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Gotta remember many of us are far far away, but still looking to see what it is just because we are curious. LOL

About 500 miles each way for me, plus rally day, would make it a 3 day trip for me to attend.
Not allot of info too. Ride about 250 or 400 miles that day, but where? I certainly do not want to ride around Chicago that much! LOL
Tons of nice areas to ride up that way outside Chicago though, or at least there was when I lived in WI in the 90's, but Chicago is not my favorite place to ride. Neither is Dallas or Houston TX. etc..
I don't like big cities myself other than to get in and out if needed or visiting friends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.