Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought something at the store the other day. Here is the tag that proved it was a quality item. Unfortunately, it is not a joke.

MADE IN CHUSA

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Disturbing.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

It's kinda hard too find something thats made here anymore. They probably will be printing our money soon:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

It's a shame,but as I look at things in my house right now,the only thing I see that I'm 100% positive is made in the USA is my 2 Kids sitting on the couch.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:I have a Lincoln 2 ton floor jack that was" Made In The USA"!Most of the jacks you find these days are made in China and quality just isn't there.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I think we can bitch all we want but the fact remains that the buying public ourselves included have jumped on the Walmart and dollar store bandwagon, we go for the lower prices and the lower prices are provided by imports.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

The global economy makes sense to me and I understand the down-sides to 'isolationism', but I rarely see anything around the house that is not made in CHINA.

Even my Motorola Modem, phone, cellphone,Kodak digita cameras, and Laptop PC, most of my tools, dishes, etc.,are made in China. [China must be rich].

However,myHP all-in-one printer, is made in Malaysia. Earlier this year, I learned most of my fruits, veggies & meat are imported.

However, my Japanese motorcycle was made in the U.S.A.:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I wouldn't doubt that the Goldwing has some Chinese components; Honda sources around the world like everyone else.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

its the same this side of the pond aswell

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I think we will find in the future the living standards in Europe and N America will fall and the rest of the world will rise until there is some kind of equilibrium. The planet cannot sustain the rest of the world moving to western standards of living.
It will take enormous will to lift the the world out of this economic downturn.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Well at least my wife is made in Newfoundland.:shock:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I bought Chinese take out yesterday & it was made in Canada.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Maybe it was cooked in Canada, you should take a look where they get the ingredients......
did anyone say melamine ?????? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.