Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What exactly does the switch do attached to the choke lever? It doesn't click when I pull the clutch in like with most bikes I've seen, just the choke.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the only switch at the clutch lever is to enable you to start the bike while on gear with the clutch pulled. and its not related to the choke.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That's what I figured, but the choke lever is what makes the switch click, not the clutch lever.

I just tested the switch with an ohmmeter and no change from either the clutch or choke levers. It's always open.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
imported post

what choke lever--what choke switch???? where located? mine is a pull cable.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

chris in va wrote:
That's what I figured, but the choke lever is what makes the switch click, not the clutch lever.

I just tested the switch with an ohmmeter and no change from either the clutch or choke levers. It's always open.
:waving:Sounds like you have a defective clutch safetyswitch. With the clutch applied you should have continuity and with the clutch released you should have no continuity. The clutch safety switchkeepsyou from starting the bikewhile it is in gear but will start if you release the clutch or put the bike in neutral.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Actually, I found out it does work. Tried to start the bike with the clutch out, no go. Just not sure why the choke lever clicks...

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

chris in va wrote:
Actually, I found out it does work. Tried to start the bike with the clutch out, no go. Just not sure why the choke lever clicks...
:waving:Good to hear that you really didn't have a problem with the clutch safety switch.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

just took one apart off a 83 and the clutch lever runs the safety switch. the clicking noise you hear is a detent for the choke cable. there is a screw under there that you can turn to make the choke leverstifferin the open position non chokedand that is the clicking noise. If the neutral safety switch wires arent routed correctly that can stop it from getting full choke. Honda seems to make the wires real short. I never heard it on my 83 aspencade but can hear this one click on the table. JB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.