Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,332 Posts
nothing new there, all cars since the middle 2000s have wires made with soybeans for insulation, the wire looms also.
I have a very good Snapper Zero Turn mower, ran like a charm, right up until rats/mice ate every piece of insulation on it one winter.

·
Administrator
28,665 Posts
While working at a Honda dealer I replaced lots of knock sensor wires (he mentioned them) on V6s. It's under the intake manifold and the only wire under there. I often thought about chewing one to find out if it was tasty. I read somewhere long ago that it was the copper that attracted rodents.

·
Registered
‘91 gl1500
29 Posts
Mice are damn disgusting little bastards. Got into my wife’s air intake, my bbq grill, and my deck fridge. I work on gas pool heaters, and the destruction they cause inside one of those during the winter months is unbelievable. Wire harnesses and control boards for pool heaters are not cheap. I’ve seen them chew right through wiring!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mice are damn disgusting little bastards. Got into my wife’s air intake, my bbq grill, and my deck fridge. I work on gas pool heaters, and the destruction they cause inside one of those during the winter months is unbelievable. Wire harnesses and control boards for pool heaters are not cheap. I’ve seen them chew right through wiring!
Mice got into the cockpit of my Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six airplane back in 2003. Stink! I had to rip out the interior, including the headliner. Their nest was in the headliner. That's when I learned they "live" in one area and use another areas for their latrine. For several days I cleaned, scrubbed, disinfected, applied anti-odor stuff and, in my mind, the smell never quite left. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I read somewhere long ago that it was the copper that attracted rodents.
I went in someone attic years back to find Romex wire totally stripped of any insolation for many feet. Not only the outer sheeting but the white and black too. The squirrels did it

·
Registered
1999 GL1500SE
301 Posts
Should see the damage done to underground power lines by both 13 lined ground squirrels and Richardson Ground squirrels!! One of my uncles was line superintendent for a local REA. Had pieces of URG cable laying around in his office quite often. They would chew through the armor and insulation until they got "tickeled" then bug off. Most of the time! They did find one sometimes that bit to far! Sort of medium rare!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts