Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This past week, The CHP have had some “ride” days, where you could go watch some of the new bikers train and also get some personal tips for yourself from the trainer and more experienced LEO riders. I thought this was great stuff and was sad to see so many no take advantage of it. Maybe they simply didn’t know.

Side note aside, back to my topic. Wednesday day morning I was driving to thousand oaks. 158 miles north of me and cut right through downtown LA at rush hour. So I left at 4:45 to avoid traffic. The sun had been up a good ten minutes or so when I came to the split onto the 405 from the five. In the HOV lanes, they go up and above the traffic got the exchange. I saw entering the 405 HOV lane a CHP officer in just a short sleeved shirt, my outside temp read 48. He must have been cold. However, he was swaying like some of us do to determine traction on our tires and if they have worn out. He did this on and off for about a mile leading to the up ramp. The he just lost it, the bike went don, he seemed to brace his body to Rolland the he was behind the crash barrier so I have no idea what from there. I feel for the guy as he will be seriously razzed considering no traffic anywhere around him, but I also wonder how he fair and the bike. I have seen many motorcycles go down (including from the drivers seat) but never thought I would see the CHP go down as they are so well trained. If anybody has more details, I would love them. :shock:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Kind of sounds like maybe he had a high speed deflation, Why did he not stop before a mile was up I do not know.
This happened to me with a Cheng Shin rear that was on the bike when I got it , ALMOST lost it , luckily my impeccable cool prevailed and I got stopped without a wreck.
Do not buy these tires , do not use them even if they are free, if I had been running a Dunlop it would not have been so hairy as they have substantial sidewalls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.