Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The sun is up and the temp is about 34 degrees.In a little while I'm goin for a ride this christmas morning.Breakfast at the local truck stop(yup they are open)Life is good........

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

That sounds great. My driveway has about 2 to 3 inches of ice. The roads here are white from the heavy doses of salt. Wing is in the garage. I just remind myself that spring is coming. Glad to hear that you get to ride. The last good ride I had was Thanksgiving weekend. Snow and ice since Dec. 1 here.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I, too, would love to be out on the bike today, but like Ghost, there is too much ice on the drive to get it out. Rest asured though, the first time I can get it out and not worry have to worry about black ice, we are riding!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
imported post

Awoke at 0445 here just like usual. Only this isn't a "go to work day." :)

I just heard the city trash truck roll by out front. The noise it makes set off a car alarm :headbanger:, those things are so useless.

Walked out front to get the newspaper which was getting wet from the rain. The smell of a light rain just can't be beat. Wonderful, the promise of a clean world is really great.

Breakfast is coming shortly, just as soon as I can get the kitchen stove warmed up :)

Merry Christmas all.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

MIL from hell anchor.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

If I get a ride it will be on the snowmobile. laying chief cook at the moment, kids are coming for dinner this evening.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

It's 47 degF today, but I took the batteries out two weeks ago. Was 10 degF two days ago.

I could ride today.............if........

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

52 and Sunny here in Hohenwald TN. But the wing is in the garage getting some maintenance. Seems when the weather gets cold all the creeks,squeeks,and leaks start. Got a coolant leak around the top radiator clamp. Dribling down and blowing back onto thje top of the engine. Not bad but still a leak. So I've pulled the radiator and got it sealed back up.Hope it fixes it. Will button it all back up tommorrow.
Perfect day for a Christmas ride, shoulda known afte they said rain for 2 days.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
The sun is up and the temp is about 34 degrees.In a little while I'm goin for a ride this christmas morning.Breakfast at the local truck stop(yup they are open)Life is good........
Just what we did, only had to Ford it to truck stop. Snow, ya know. Never did like riding in snow, except when I was more stupid, as a kid. Used to drill holes in the tires, and install belt bolts. Actually works pretty good, but can't run fenders. And, not much fun on almost bare pavement.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

38 inches of snow so far. I have not seen anything but white roads in 3 weeks. Yes, you actually get used to driving on snow covered roads or you move south. -3 degrees this morning when I woke up. -10 yesterday. Those are F not C temps. This is only December. Only 4 months of winter lift until riding weather (maybe.)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

This just dont feel like Christmas.
79 and Sunny South Carolina is great for riding.

Got an early morning phone call that our youngest son's family pet had a run in with a another dog and now the neighbors are in a lynching mood.
Kind of puts a major damper on the Christmas spirit.
But the Good News is that in 4 hours wifey and I will be flying up to frozen New Hampshire to try to cheer them and dem grandbabies up.

But did want to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to All!!

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
If I get a ride it will be on the snowmobile. laying chief cook at the moment, kids are coming for dinner this evening.
I figure you meant "Playing chief cook"...either that or you figured, "What else is there to do when its snowing outside.":cheeky1::cool:

I hope your "chief cook" doesn't read this!!:shock:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
DougW wrote:
I figure you meant "Playing chief cook"...either that or you figured, "What else is there to do when its snowing outside.":cheeky1::cool:

My chief cook would get a little ill at me being on the forum typing while all that was going on:cooldevil:!......so tell us how you got by with it with out coming up with a couple of bumps on the head???:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Merry Christmas everyone.

It's a beautiful day here but unfortunately I still have a way to go before my 'Wing is rideable.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Well.....all I can say is that I feel for you, dude...I rode to my mother-in-laws this morning for Christmas...70 degrees..and perfect...and after a big breakfast, a couple of cups of my deceased father-in-laws egg-nog...a 3 hour nap...I indulged myself on a 50 mile sprint, filled with "twisties" on back roads..I honked at several "future wingers" on their new four-wheelers...I gave them the wave...and a toot of the horn..and we shared a kindred spirit..What a wonderful Christmas..It really doesn't get any better than that...

Best Regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
DougW wrote:

Holy cow, I better learn to proofread, spellchecker didn't catch that one.

I am indeed playing chief cook today, the wife has a bad hand at the moment, took a spill on the driveway going to mother's house yesterday evening.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas day ride. I still have lots of ice here,but the thaw is coming. They are saying rain and warming through the weekend. Sunny the first of the week. High near 50. If that is the case. The old GhostRider may get the chance for a New Years day ride. Sure would help my attitude. I am not a winter person!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.