Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Last year for Christmas I got my wife the Tourmaster Synergy liner vest. The lead was on my totalled 1500SE - but we recovered it -and it can be spliced. She has always wanted the gloves - which link into the vest - and that is lining up to be this year's Christmas present. Poor gals hands get REAL cold. Never seem anything like it - the rest of her could be 110 degreesF and her hands can be near frostbite!

Anyway - just a quick question - anyone running the glovesAND vest on the 1800? Is it OK for the current draw to run both? I used to have a meter to watch it in my 1500 but none on my 1800 and currently no plans to install one. I just wanted to know if you all had experience running the vest/glove combo set-up and if it has run OK - hate to get all suited up and then get a dead battery in snow country - LOL:shock:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

You should be good to go Blackdog, as the gloves only draw an additional 24 watts/2.1 amps of power. If the vest was no problem on your 1500, then this combo should be no problem on the 1800, as the 1800 has a higher output alternator.(900 watts vs the 1500's 550 watt) :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Great - thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Do not worry about the 1800, it will handle it and give you change back. :) Kit

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Get them gloves.. If moms not happy, no ones happy..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
imported post

We have the gerbings.....2 full sets, gloves, jackets,pants and socks......with both of em on the digital V meter drops from 14.2 to 14.0.......so noooooooooo problem

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

2006 1800's and newer have a 1300 watt alt.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Yo, Blackdog...
As said above. I have looked at most of the heated stuff and it looks like Tourmaster - Synergy draws about the least from our electrical system. I just got their collar-vest and Karin got to try it out on a recent trip. Works great!
Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

GREAT - thanks for all the feedback guys.

I tend to be more "old school" having started on V-twins - u know - sweatshirt, leather jacket and work gloves in most cases- but I'm learning to like the "new school, new rules" approach my new wing is providing!!! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.