Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm one of those wing owners who live in a world where there able to ride 7 maybe 8 months out of 12 i was able to get a thanksgiving ride in this year 63 degrees that day here in upstate new york i was wondering if anyone ever has a christmas ride that they do every year or maybe a christmas eve ride that they do every year? i would love to have a christmas ride someday merry christmas to all you wing people!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i'm thinking about a little ride. our local club has a new year day ride planed. we ride all year here.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I ride year round here in new England just got home in fact from a 2hr ride in fact it's nice and crisp out. the only issue is I get some of the strangest looks. but I have a great time. Riding blasting Christmas music. I say if the roads are clear bundle up and ride.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
My wife, dog and I are at our Mexico home, and we don't have a motorcycle with us here. (probably soon to change)

If I can, when we return to our CA house on Tuesday, I'm grabbing something for a quick zip around the area.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Winters in Michigan are always a crapshoot but the last few winters have allowed me to ride quite a bit, usually at least once per month. Unfortunately, some reconstructive elbow surgery has made riding out of the question until spring.

:sadguy:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Weather and Roads permitting,,,,,,,,, I have enjoyed it. Weather don't look good for it here this time :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I have taken several christmas day rides. Weather has even permitted me to leave home late new years eve night and return home after midnight. Having rode from one year to the next :cheesygrin: I have rode with some groups who have done a Polar bear ride (Jan, 1st). those are cool as well.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I rode to work today, I guess that counts as a Christmas eve ride. Enjoyed the sparse traffic going in. When I was young I used to ride my dirt bike on the frozen lakes in northern MN. Not as much fun as driving my Beetle on the lake, but still fun. Merry Christmas, Don

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
No Christmas Day ride this year. It's cold and windy and supposed to start snowing any time now. I had a great ride last year on Christmas.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

2 years ago I rode on the day after christmas. It was cold but with the wing it was no worse than riding a dirt bike or sled.

There will be NO Wing riding here today. Woke up to -29c, -20f.

Merry Christmas to all members and ride for those of us who can't. We live vicariously through you in these dark, cold days of winter.

Hodgy

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Well,,,,,,,,,,, The Lady and I got out for a little ride yesterday (Christmas Eve) ,,, but it won't happen today since we got a white Christmas.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts

2 years ago I rode on the day after christmas. It was cold but with the wing it was no worse than riding a dirt bike or sled.

There will be NO Wing riding here today. Woke up to -29c, -20f.

Merry Christmas to all members and ride for those of us who can't. We live vicariously through you in these dark, cold days of winter.

Hodgy

So I guess I won't get any sympathy that here in Baja it's in the 50s and breezy. Because I was thinking, when letting the dog out earlier, that it was kinda brisk.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

You are right, no sympathy. We are going to San Diego on the 31st for a respite. It has been unusually cold here this winter. Normal high here is +30f so we are way off the beaten track for temperatures.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Got to do some last minute Christmas shopping yesterday, Christmas Eve...on my '85 LTD.
Here in the Toronto area...we have not had any snow yet...calling for a storm to move in tomorrow night though.
Going out in a couple of minutes to get her gassed up and add some Seafoam to the fuel, in case it is awhile before I ride again.
Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas Day, thus far.

·
life is good
1,193 Posts
christmas ride

my wife and son and i don't ( put up) are motorcycles . we live in Tulsa okla there is days we can not ride because of ice or snow or to cold but the weather changes so fast in Okla you can ride year around.:)

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
The wife and I went for a short 60 mile ride today. It was in the mid 50's but very damp as we had rain yesterday and rain on the way this evening. We just cruised around town and some of the local neighborhoods.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The weather has cooperated and for the last three out of four years and the wife and I have been able to ride from Tampa FL, to Jacksonville FL, a ride of 200 miles in each direction.

We usually ride up on Christmas Eve and ride back the day after Christmas.

My Mother and Sister live in Jacksonville and we like to spend Christmas with them.

The trick is trying to fit all the presents and our usual luggage on the bike.

This year we rode up on Sunday and due to the forecast of rain on Wednesday we rode back on Tuesday, Christmas day.

The weather was absolutely perfect this year, in the 70’s for both the ride up and back.

Peter

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
As long as it isn't ice and snow on the roads, I ride. I usually make it a point to ride Christmas and New Years, even if it's just into town to get a coffee.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
I wanted to get out yesterday, but we had just enough snow on Christmas Eve that caused the salt trucks to hit the roads. More snow/sleet/freezing rain in the forecast for today, so it may be a few days before I get to go for a ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.