Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can any on point me in the right direction, on where to purchase a flag pole for my 1500se, the type i would prefere would be attached to the aerial, not the top box rack fitted type.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Redwing

Im pleased some one is looking at the forum, the flag post I amlooking foris a chrome one, that looks like its part/attached to the areal. I have seen the one Im trying to describe.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Manx, I have two on my 1800. I think they are showchrome and come with an American flag in the packet. Word of warning however, in that I fitted them both in May 2004 and rode the bike until Sept 2004 only to find the chrome pitting and flaking off already after 5 months. Definately not built to last very long and not exactly cheap. They come with a little cone shaped screw on cap at the top and a little black rubber ring top and bottom of flag. My advice is to avoid them if you need them to last more than one season. :(

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

There is some one in the UK doing stainless steel flagpoles that fit on the base of the antenna ,,I cannot remember at the moment who it is ,but I will find out tomorrow and let you know ,,they are better than the chrome ones as they look just as good and dont rust ..cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

wexman wrote:
There is some one in the UK doing stainless steel flagpoles that fit on the base of the antenna ,,I cannot remember at the moment who it is ,but I will find out tomorrow and let you know ,,they are better than the chrome ones as they look just as good and dont rust ..cheers Ciaran:waving:

Thanks Wexman, look forward to the info.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi, this is the info for the antenna mount flagpoles ,,

wingsunthings

unit 11

kingsdown ind est

kingsdown road

Swindon ,wiltshire

sa256pt telephone fred or toby 01793 829777

these are a stainless steel ,very well finished pole and base and when the flag is on you cannot see that it is not chrome ,,they are much stronger than the chrome one and dont pit or rust ,,cheers Ciaran:waving::waving:

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi manxcat, I found these poles to be a little tight to go over the aerial, and took some work with a boring tool to open them out.

one other point, if you fit the flag pole in what I call a trailing position(behind the aerial) the flag you fit will constantly bang against your top box, it will in time remove paint, I suggest you turn it 90 degrees so the flag pole is pointing away from the bike, even then certain flags, dependant on size will rattle agaist the box,I gave mine away rather than risk it.

welsh winger

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Good observations there about the flags rubbing the paint. I had flags for only about a month and they literally destroyed the clearcoat on my GL1500 trunk lid. I had to get it repainted. I eventually got around this problem by buying short flags and pushing wire coat hangar through the edge stiching. This made the flags real stiff and I could position them any way I wanted, ie pointing away from my paintwork!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks chaps

I did not consider these points, I will have to reconsider the mounting point. My 1997 bike is in mint condition and no flag is going to change its condition.

Looks like a rack is on the menu.

Thanks once again

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Manx ref the type I have I can say that despite the pitting problem they are very well fitted. Both your standard and CB ariel can be screwed off 18 ins from the base and this is where the flagpole slides over. They are held in place when you refit the top of the ariel screwing it on tight toclamp the poles. The flags are then flown quite high well out of the way of your paintwork. I will take a few photos close up and email them to you. You can just about see the idea on the following link:-

http://gwocni.co.uk/2003.htm

If you could send me an email Manx I will reply with some very good close ups of my aerials which shows the fitting and the pitting problems.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi John ,,those flag poles are terrible quality ,,I had them and I also got them for some of the guys here and the chrome has come off most of them

manxblackcat

,,The stainless poles are high enough not to cause any problems with paintwork ,,Mount them high on the base of the antenna and at right angles to the antenna ,,in other words keep the antenna between the pole and the box ,,the flags will fly above the box and will not hit the paintwork at all cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I know chrome flagpoles are available but where do you get the chrome monkeys to go with it?

:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Little John,

I'm new here and your post is what I am looking for. I bought the same flagpoles (I think) but can't seem to get the CB antenna apart to mount one. I got the radio antenna off with no problem. I have 2 tech manuals and the owners book - all are no help. Any advice?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.