Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for chrome fork covers for my '87 aspencade. Does anyone have any idea where to look?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you for the kind welcome! What I'm looking for is best described this way. I bought this bike with these covers installed. They look like they were part of a fork brace add on, going from the fork brace to the front axle, made of plastic.:(Some of the plastic has broken around the mounting points. I'd really like new ones, but even my mechanic has only seen them on one other bike, and he only works on Wings! Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

Can you take a picture and post it here?

:action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds more like a set of aftermarket rotor covers or maybe someone adapted 1500 rotor covers to the 1200, it's been done before.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I'll take a picture as soon as it comes back from the mechanic. Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

They aren't rotor covers, but actual chrome plated(?) plastic covers that cover each fork from the bottom below the axle to the fork brace just above the fender. I do have the rotor covers as well. Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

They call them fork chaps for the 1200. I saw some yesterday but can't remember which website

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thank you for putting a name to this part. It may be easier to find replacements now. If at any point you remember the site, I'd really appreciate a shout. Thanks again, Chris

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

ive got fork chaps on my 1200, which are chrome plated plastic and stuck on with double sided tape, ive only seen two types, the type i have is rounded and the other islike a three sided shape, ive seen them go on ebay here in the u.k. for £200

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.