Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might help someone else so here goes. My 99 GL1500 SE has those shiny chrome levers for clutch and brake from Kury. I did not have any free travel on the clutch side, after much thinking, (boy, did THAT hurt) I thought I'd
try something. I took off the lever and measured the length of the push rod, 41mm's on the button. I made another 'test'
push rod from rod stock and ground it carefully to 40 mm long. Installed it and BINGO had free travel!! So then I ground the end of the oem push rod carefully on a sander and installed it. Now my clutch feels much better! I am happy with this now. Just a minor modification that is very easy to do.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Thanks for the information. Good idea and well stated.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
The only little problem might be that the bushing or master cylinder piston might wear a bit faster. I bet Honda not only has a precise length but a specification for the finish. Not that I would worry but the first thing that popped in my head as the bushing wears out with the Honda parts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did polish the ends very carefully. Look just like the oem ends when I got done. Use very fine polishing belt or wheel. Everything else works just fine, cruise set and disconnect. All lights and so on.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I did polish the ends very carefully. Look just like the oem ends when I got done. Use very fine polishing belt or wheel. Everything else works just fine, cruise set and disconnect. All lights and so on.
Limpy,
I never thought it was a big deal and I probably shouldn't have even posted but it just popped in my mind. I'm sure it will be just fine. 😎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts