Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently bought an 84 GL1200A, & it had lots of chrome pieces, some with lights. There's side covers, "luggage" racks on the trunk & bags, wrap-arounds for the trunk & bags, "scoop", fender pieces, etc.

I pulled all of this off - I don't like all the bling, I like the clean look of the stock bike. I don't want to piece meal it all out, I just want to sell the whole pile. I'm attaching the before and after pix of the bike to give an idea of what's included. This should fit any Gl1200I or A.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you pix of everything with a bit of info on what's there & what isn't. I'll take any reasonable offer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

And here's the pic of the Wing after I pulled everything. Well, except for the disk covers. Those will have to wait 'til I pull the front end to replace the fork seals - they go over the axle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Looks like someone will get some nice pieces. I had all those on my 85 Aspy and know what they cost. The rear bumper/light bar appears to be Drag Specialties.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

You know, if you intend to leave the backrest off you ought to take the mounting brackets off too and let them go as well. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yah, I'll probably be selling them for a lot less than they're worth, but I'd rather someone get to use them.

BTW, I live in southern Maryland - if you're anywhere near here (and I mean near to a Wing rider - a day's ride! Grin!), you could come by and see them.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

Jape61, I have to agree. I can't get on board with a ton of bling on mine eighter.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

As VTX pointed out, I also have the backrest that'll go, too.

As a heads-up, some of the pieces will need a bit of hardware. For the side covers and the radiator scoop, the brackets mounted directly on the engine mounts and I didn't want to mess with that. They're just simple flat pieces and any hardware store should have something you could use.

The biggest missing piece will be the rear fender. With this set-up the stock fender was gone, so I left the center piece in place. The bars and lights that wrap around the bottom of the saddlebags mount to this. That would be the biggest piece you'd have to find or make.

Other than that, maybe a bolt here or there.

I will sell all of it for $500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.