Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:weightlifter:HI WING FRIENDS HAVE ACHROME RADIO BUTTON PROBLEM AFTER MARKET TIPE THESE ARE SUPPOSE TO SLIDE ON LIKE THE OLD ONES SLIDE OFF, BUT THEY WONT. GO ON A LITTLE WAY. AND THATS IT/IVE GOT A 1992 ASPENCADE. ITS NEARLY FULL UP WITH ADDON'S BUT IT LOOKS GOOD. BY THE WAY, IF ANYONE WANT K177 TYRES HGB HAS THEM UK £110 FRONT AND £135 REAR OK MATES

RIDE SAFE AND WATCH THEM CARS
:cool:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi i had the same prob with mine also put a little wd40 on them and gave a good push

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

SIXFORE123. Be very careful pushing on the radio knobs. You will break the circuit board and cause you problems. I have a friend that had the same problem and pushed them on. The volume was messed up after that. He sent to sierra electronics twice (almost $200.00) and in the end bought another radio because they did not fix it. Check inside your new knobs and see if there is not a metal retainer that can be removed.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Actually, a lot of force breaks the wafer on the pot itself. Bad design by Panasonic., and those chrome knobs aren't worth the risk. Besides, they reflect too much to suit me.

Too bad they didn't come up with chrome covers for those that like that kind of stuff. Would've been easy to do. Just stamp them out, and chrome. Then glue them on with some silicone sealer.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Hi Sixfore 123, I bought mine from Cyclemax about a month ago and had the same problem. Take the metal retainer spring inside the button out and place that over the radio "control arms" then put the chrome radio buttons on.Works like a dream and look excellent.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

I just took out the original inserts out of the old switcheds and out them in the new ones......worked for me!:cool:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP I HAVE GOT TWO BUTTONS ON BY TAKING THE SPRING CLIPS OUT LIKE JOHAN SOUTH AFRICA. SAID AND THAT WORKED ON THEM.BUT THERES A LOT OF SNOW OUT THERE AT THE MOMENT AND WILL TRY ANOTHER DAY THE OLD GIRL IS IN THE GARAGE SO SHE IN THE DRY WING I MEAN OK WING FRIENDS THANKS FOR YOR HELP AGAIN AND STAY SAFE..
GEOFF.SIXFORE123

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.