Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I amfixing up my wing (89 1500) I was going to buy some chrome bits from the States but I came across an add for the wood effect type cockpit layout. Is it any good , I dont have the luxury of a garage to store my bike it is under cover but outside would this effect the wood.:gunhead:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Vivian wrote:
I amfixing up my wing (89 1500) I was going to buy some chrome bits from the States but I came across an add for the wood effect type cockpit layout. Is it any good , I dont have the luxury of a garage to store my bike it is under cover but outside would this effect the wood.:gunhead:
I'm undboubtedly stepping on some toes here, but what the hell I've never shrunk from placing my foot squarely in my yap, so here goes. I think the wood looks a wee bit over the top so to speak. I've seen a couple installations and to me they look a might like 1960s trailer paneling. Probably attract tornados. Please don't do it.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

No .. the wood is sealed...  but I understand the shiny  repels both Bunnies, and pancakes... LOL...  I think the thing is to just add what you want, and try to make it about like a real dressy car... Few cars have the wood grain.. and it does smack of the '60's   IMHO... SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Personally I would save the money and buy a nice warm shed from your local store, that would be a treat for your baby and give you a bolt hole to escape the cares of the world.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Personally I would save the money and buy a nice warm shed from your local store, that would be a treat for your baby and give you a bolt hole to escape the cares of the world.

Pete
You know the shed is the best idea of all.

THEN YOU WILL HAVE A NICE PLACE TO INSTALL AND POLISH YOU CHROME!! MY SHOP HAS SHAG RUGS I LIE ON TO POLISH!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Pete
You know the shed is the best idea of all.

THEN YOU WILL HAVE A NICE PLACE TO INSTALL AND POLISH YOU CHROME!! MY SHOP HAS SHAG RUGS I LIE ON TO POLISH!!
Hey Brojees, I like the idea of those Shag rugs, but then maybe the American- Enlish translation means that would be lost on you guys:baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil:All I will say is, it doesn't involve polishing!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

That depends on who you are shagging!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Vivian, the wood dash will last longer than chrome if it is under a cover. Now there are crappy wood kits and good ones and I took the advice of the wingnut and bought mine from Sunrise Cycles in the states. Ask them to mark the package as "samples" with a low value and you will avoid customs charges. 3 years later my wood dash is looking better than the chrome trims I put on at the same time.

This is from the links page here, it may help;

"Sunrise Cycle Goldwing Accessories. These are the people that make the beautiful Daytona wood dash kits. They come highly recommended by anyone in America that I have contact with and I had their walnut dash kits fitted to the three GL1500's that I have owned. At the moment you can't place orders online but can telephone them on 00 1 904 441 6362, that includes the international access code (remember that they are five hours behind Ireland on the timeline). Ask for Mary, she is a very helpful lady. Their prices are much cheaper than ordering from the UK dealers and there is a wider choice of wood finishes, which can be seen on their web site."

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Brojees wrote:
Nowt lost in translation then!!!

Pete
Shag rugs were popular in the 60s, the prevented knee damage. It was weird everyone with one had a shag rake (a tool for dressing up the rug, cool it Pete). Ugly damn things.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Brojees wrote:

Pete
Shag rugs were popular in the 60s, the prevented knee damage. It was weird everyone with one had a shag rake (a tool for dressing up the rug, cool it Pete). Ugly damn things.
Sorry, which bit are you refering to as "Ugly damn things", It can't be the carpet or the rake, since they do not warrant a capital letter since they aren't proper nouns. Are we to assume you are talking about some of the youngthings that frequented your best Wilton??:shock:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
exavid wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Brojees wrote:

Pete
Sorry, which bit are you refering to as "Ugly damn things", It can't be the carpet or the rake, since they do not warrant a capital letter since they aren't proper nouns. Are we to assume you are talking about some of the youngthings that frequented your best Wilton??:shock:

Pete

Pete...In the auld sod I am a "yank" Over the water in "Gringolandia" I am a "Mc" and down home they think I am Italian. So no, nowt lost to the translation. I am as likely to understand you as Paul.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks for all the replies I think I will go with the chrome . The shed is a great idea (I wish I had thought of it ....DOH) the neighbours would not appreciate a shed in front of their house's we have on street parking and only a side entrance that I can barely fit my CBR through Dont say MOVE HOUSE I can hear it already
Go back to your SHAG rugs just be careful if you are ever in this part of the planet Dont ask a female if she wants a shag you could end up with a very sore face if you are lucky

Thanks again guys

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Vivian wrote:
Go back to your SHAG rugs just be careful if you are ever in this part of the planet Dont ask a female if she wants a shag you could end up with a very sore face if you are lucky

Thanks again guys
If you're lucky that's not what ends up sore!:cheeky1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.