Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

How do you guys feel about chrome wheels on the goldwing? Do you prefer powder coating? Just thinking about some upgrades. I think my goldwing is ugly. Goldwings are nice looking from the front, and damn ugly from the sides. I need to sharpen it up.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

bbach wrote:
I think my goldwing is ugly.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!! ;) Hope she didn't hear you say that or she might throw you off at the earliest convenience. :cooldevil:

I like the chrome wheels myself, much better than the powder coated originals. If you got that kind of money sitting around burning a hole in your pocket, I could use some more toys. ;)

John

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:cooler:chrome, I've got chrome all over and all the way around.:clapper:

they are not cheap by any means, cost me almost 500 by the time I had my front wheel completed.That was buying a new wheel, having it stripped, nickle plated first, then chromed. But sure does look nice

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Do you find the wheels easier to clean after having them chromed?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Yes, actually it is a must to keep it clean, cause it really looks bad :pwhen it is dirty. And it does take polishing. Others will say, way too much work. Yes,chrome is a lot of work to keep it really shinny, but I just like it that way. My wife tells me Ipay more attention to the bike than her (not true) but I do spend a lot of time on the chrome. A good polish, then just washing and wiping for a month, then I polish again. I over do it I admit. Like the looks.:)

To answer your question finally, I think it is easier to keep clean. I mean even if it was paint you would be doing the same thing. Or at least I would.

·
Premium Member
67,185 Posts
imported post

I think chrome wheels would look wonderful on someone else's bike..

I clean the bike after every ride BUT not the wheels...................

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Bob,

Can you show a close-up picture of your front wheel? I am not a lover of chrome, but with the chrome wheels on the back of the trike, it had occurred to me to have my front wheel chromed to match (and to make cleaning a tad easier). Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Father William, given the circumstances with my trike right now, that would actually be quite easy. But forgive me for not having it on the trike, but then maybe I can find another one that it is on but for now how is this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

bbach wrote:
...I think my goldwing is ugly...damn ugly...
Father, forgive him for he knoweth not what he sayeth... :angel:

REPENT!

Dub :18white:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Mine have been chromed for 7 years, with 4 changes of tires, I have it done as to me doing it as some others do. Not even a scratch on the wheel from the changes.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Chrome won't get you home.

But it might get you laid.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I like the black powder coated wheels on a white wing, but for most other colors (especially the red ones) then chrome looks nice.

Now add some LED's to light them up at night in the parking lots!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
imported post

I am prepared for the tar and feathers, have said it before and will say it again. I do not like chrome. Also I do not like camping. There, said it, feel better.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Talk about them now as I don't believe some of these posts will be around very long.

Advertising;

This resource is independent and non-commercial. Promoting businesses, other forums or web sites is regarded as spam and is forbidden. Please find somewhere else to advertise. I will however be happy to freely trade links with similar sites/forums on our links pages.

Directly advertising or promoting products is not allowed on the forum. Posting your experience about products or items you find is great, we all like to hear about these things and share the information. But repeated spamming or plugging your products here is out.
You can have a link to your web site (provided it's not a commercial site) in your signature as well, but no images or links to images in the signature please, this just clutters up the forum pages. We do however make some exceptions for members in good standing here, so make sure you ask for Admin permission first before putting an image or commercial link in your signature.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

tybme wrote:
Talk about them now as I don't believe some of these posts will be around very long.

Advertising;

This resource is independent and non-commercial. Promoting businesses, other forums or web sites is regarded as spam and is forbidden. Please find somewhere else to advertise. I will however be happy to freely trade links with similar sites/forums on our links pages.

Directly advertising or promoting products is not allowed on the forum. Posting your experience about products or items you find is great, we all like to hear about these things and share the information. But repeated spamming or plugging your products here is out.
You can have a link to your web site (provided it's not a commercial site) in your signature as well, but no images or links to images in the signature please, this just clutters up the forum pages. We do however make some exceptions for members in good standing here, so make sure you ask for Admin permission first before putting an image or commercial link in your signature.
Im wi5hyou on this one really looks like and add to me.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

tybme wrote:

Advertising;

You are keeping busy Ty. Twice in one day and with the same poster. Way to go.:lash::yelling::D:D:D:D

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Worse yet it turns out they have received an F from the better business bureau. Seems several people have had issue getting their product and even after they did the refund for the core charge was even harder to get. Heck one guy stated that he finally got the check and it bounced!

I was just trying to point out to them that this was not the correct way to go about their business here - now I would say - stay away from them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.