Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm looking at installing a cigarette lighter and another for a power output. Where have you guys put these on the 1500's?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

No good...I have a CB

Kyle

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I installed one in my left cubby, in the front so that a longhandled plug would fit. It sure is handy for my cell phone, PDA and GPS. It's well protected from weather too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Never thought of that Paul. It appears you tried to send a pic, but I couldn't open it

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Yep i added one inside the cubby hole of my 1100.... really easy to do.. i ran a ground wire from the battery.. up under the seat and into the tank... and a hot wire off of the fuse box.. to the lighter..... it is out of the weather that way as they said.. is the one i use to plug my xm radio up 2..

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

On my 1100 I mounted it exposed on my fairing just above the glove box and I have gone through about 4 lighters and 2 receptors in the last 18 years. My concern now is using up glove box space. That is one thing I liked about the 1100 over the 1500 was the size of the glove box and the ample storage space in the fairing.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

I knew I would find an answer here somewhere. :grinner:

I have just purchased a GPS to go on the bike so I need to add a cigarette lighter to power the unit. I like the idea of hiding it in the cubby hole away from the weather.

Cheers chaps!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

I want to recharge AA batteries, recharge my Cell phone,  and my digital camera, and my MP3 player batteries, and (wait for it) add LED  Xmas lights if needed ......./forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/goofygrin.gif... around here  Inverters   (12 v to 120 v converters ). often go on sale..  I got a 75 watt max inverter   for $11 .. all these  toys use very little power .. and yes.. you CAN get lighter plugs for each of these... but they do come, free,  with 110 volt plugs as part of their  package..... I snipped the end off the inverter.. hard wired (solder,and shrink wrap)  it to the cigarette lighter  circuit, and added a 15 inch extension cord..  The cigarette lighter plug is available for the air pump , or whatever..The whole shebang fits nicely in a 1200 left pocket... and is usually  connected to a battery charger/forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/toast.gif...  but when the  camera needs it .. or the cell phone..  they get the sips of 120 volts that they need .....  and  the 0.012 amp Xmas  120 light string looks good in fall parades  too.. SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

mark1247 wrote:

I have just purchased a GPS to go on the bike so I need to add a cigarette lighter to power the unit. I like the idea of hiding it in the cubby hole away from the weather.

Cheers chaps!
Mark, I got a really nice one of these at Maplin, it is waterproof for that added protection. Do a search for Maplin on the net, they have some walk in shops and deal online. It only cost about £5 and is really good quality. Mine is also fitted in the front left pocket.

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
I'm looking at installing a cigarette lighter and another for a power output. Where have you guys put these on the 1500's?
Kyle, I noticed that you want two, one for the cigarrette lighting up. Well how about having the second one in the hard pocket top for ease of lighting up? I too smoke, but I am lucky that I have a cigarrette lighter on the passenger seat, who is happy to do the job for me, but if I didn't I would want one accessable.

Pete

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Dave...don"t get a short with your 120v Xmas lights....will burn your feathers!!!!/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
I want to recharge AA batteries, recharge my Cell phone, and my digital camera, and my MP3 player batteries, and (wait for it) add LED Xmas lights if needed ......./forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/goofygrin.gif... around here Inverters (12 v to 120 v converters ). often go on sale.. I got a 75 watt max inverter for $11 .. all these toys use very little power /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

Did you have to add another side box to carry all this stuff? :grinner:;)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
mark1247 wrote:

Cheers chaps!
Mark, I got a really nice one of these at Maplin, it is waterproof for that added protection. Do a search for Maplin on the net, they have some walk in shops and deal online. It only cost about £5 and is really good quality. Mine is also fitted in the front left pocket.

Pete
Thanks for the advice, I am onto it now. :grinner:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
I got a 75 watt max inverter for $11 .. all these toys use very little power .. too..SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif
At full load that 75W inverter is going to draw around 8-10A, not so little.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.