Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I received my radio back from Sierra Electronics a few days ago and put it back in. I spent more than I wanted to to have it repaired, but that is okay. I mean, it works now, as compared to before when it didn't. Right?

I have noticed that I can hear the turn signals clicking loudly in the speakers when I'm riding with it on. How can I fix this?

Reception is okay, it tunes fine, but Audio quality is sub par and music is only remotely clear with the tone knob all the way to the right. (yes I know it is from the 80's and I shouldn't expect much.) I have a feeling that I could use a set of better speakers to solve the problem. Lot's of talk in the threads I found in my search about walmart brand speakers being much better. Is this correct? or is that only for the newer wings.

Also, I have been thinking about trying to find a way to put an Aux input on it. I would like to plug my MP3 player into it, but I haven't the slightest idea where to start. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The sound through the headsets is nowhere near as good as from the later Goldwings and even hearing the passenger is a matter of luck. I can hear the turn signals through mine and never worked out how to overcome that.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I bought and even bragged on Walmart speakers for my Clarion II system. Unfortunately, one of them quit working. I don't think my experience is indicative of how the WalMart speakers work in general as others continue to use them. I can state that the second set of speakers I bought from TAS Classic Motorsports off of ebay work fine and seem to be a bit louder. They also fit better than the Walmart ones.

As far as hooking up your MP3 player, if you do not have the tape player on your system, you can use the tape player input on the component terminal. I bought a 5 pin DIN to 3.5 mm plug cord off of ebay UK. It was about $10 total including shipping. It works fine although it is a bit quieter than I would like.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

i heard they sell those at walmart.Is this true?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

AndyB wrote:
As far as hooking up your MP3 player, if you do not have the tape player on your system, you can use the tape player input on the component terminal. I bought a 5 pin DIN to 3.5 mm plug cord off of ebay UK. It was about $10 total including shipping. It works fine although it is a bit quieter than I would like.
That makes perfect sense to me. I never thought of that. The only problem I am thinking of is how to make the radio switch off of radio mode and goto tape mode.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Turn the radio on with the volume all the way down. That causes the amplifier to power up and the MP3 player plays through the system. It works through the speakers and the headsets.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Does anyone have a pinout of the wires I can use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.