Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I'm new to the group. I live in San Diego, CA (originally from Toronto, and used to live in London) and got a red GL1100 10 days ago. It's my third wing, and my favorite so far. Anyway, a couple of questions if you don't mind;

1. Is there a replacement radio insert for my AM/FM Clarion that has ether a tape or CD player? Likely not, but I thought I'd check. It would be really cool that, if there were, I could simply unlock my radio and insert the new player.

2. I've seen some wings with two antennae - any reason? Is one for a CB? Curious if I'd get better reception with a second antenna.

3. Preferred touring shoes? I'm temporarily using my low cut Doc Maartens, but would like ankle coverage. Was considering high cut DM's or maybe those Caterpillar boots.

I'm also an ultralight backcountry hikier, so am looking forward to putting my minimalist gear into the bags and touring California this year.

Thanks for all the help, and I look forward to enjoying this forum with you all.

Diego.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hi there Diego and welcome. You can't buy a radio that will fit the Clarion spot. Lots of people bought housings that fitted in the fairing and you could fit a car radio/tape player into. There was a picture of it on the tech forum only recently.
The extra antenna is for the CB. Boots are a personal thing. It's worth trying different one to fine a pair you are comfortable with. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Diego :waving: Your very welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy all your visits here. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.