Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, Folks. Just bought an 82 Aspencade with 20K mi. Would anyone have any info as to troubleshooting the Clarion radio/CB/intercom and tape player (2 separate units).They don't seem to be getting power, yet the integrated clock works just fine. Thanks, Will.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi Will Robinson,

Let me be the first to welcome you here! This is an awesome place to get info.

To answer you question...

If you remove the drivers side front signal light and reach in, you will find a hand full of in-line fuses. Please check these. The can get corroded and have poor connections or one could be blown.

If it was anything like mine and had been out of service for awhile, critters could have made a home in there chewing up your wires, which isnot all that rare.

Let us know the outcome!

Again, WELCOME !!

Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I took a dremel tool with the wire wheel attachment and cleaned the clips off good and just replaced all the fuses right off the bat. Haven't had any problems yet:)

If that don't get it up and running after checking fuses and wiring, call

http://www.sierra-mc.com/

They are good at repair's.....you may have to get in line for the repair!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

There is a great set of Clarion II components on Ebay now. It is the seller Lee(something). I bought stuff from him before and he is a good guy. $150 BIN. I think worth it.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
There is a great set of Clarion II components on Ebay now. It is the seller Lee(something). I bought stuff from him before and he is a good guy. $150 BIN. I think worth it.
Yea, I saw that one last night. I just wish he had posted better close ups of the labels on them and separated the cables a little better in order to realy tell what all was there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.