Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How much of a hassle is it to change out the speakers on the fairing of a 81? Sound isn't to bad but I can tell the speakers have a bit of a "crackle" to em. Don't have any type manual to start digging into the fairing either.

ALSO... a big thumbs up to all you guys/gals out here who answer the posts. Like I've said, and countless other posterstoo.... THIS IS A GREAT SITE.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

It's easy enough. Remove the turn signals and you can get your hand to the nuts (usually wing nuts) that hold the speaker housings in place. Piece of cake. :)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey puttitin :waving: There is your problem solved by englishted. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

I just replaced mine on my 83 with a set of 4" Pioneers. Everything fit perfect. Follow the direction above and then remove the mounting bracket. Make sure you pay attention to how the bracket sits in the grill when removing it. Should take less than a hour.

Billy

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks much!!!!! Like I said... a big thumbs up. Hats off to you guys!!!!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Yep, really easy. Just replaced mine with a set of $20 "Lightning Sound" 4" from Walmart. Sounds odd when still, but actually sounds good when riding. Weird.

Jack

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Very easy to do. While you're at it do two more things. Spray the speakers with some silicone to keep them weatherproof and put some foam behind the speakers before reinstalling them. This will give you better sound, and keep the rattles down.

I'm going to do this job this weekend with some Sony speakers.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Jerryk wrote:
Very easy to do. While you're at it do two more things. Spray the speakers with some silicone to keep them weatherproof and put some foam behind the speakers before reinstalling them. This will give you better sound, and keep the rattles down.

I'm going to do this job this weekend with some Sony speakers.

Jerry
Jerry,

By foam, do you mean the soft type of foamin a pillow, or the stiff type of foam used for insulation.

Diego

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Soft foam is really good to use. Anything that is thin and will absorb the vibration on the back of the speakers. Believe it or not, I have some paint mask that are made of 1/8 inch foam. They are round in shape and fit perfect around the speaker. I just removed the bracket that fits over the speaker, stuck them in and put it back together. I only putone on today so I can test it and will do the other tomorrow.

Later I'll buy some better speakers.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.