Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my Gl1100 Aspencade... The CB/Radio/Cass was working great,I have no sound now,all the units power up & everything works on the dash & also on the handlebar controls,I decided to change my screen,I had difficulty getting the 2 bolts loose from the chrome piece,they just kept turning,I got the rubber mat out & i used a hacksaw to cut bolt between old screen & back of that chrome piece that holds the screen,to get to the other end of bolt after cutting,I loosened the dash from inside the turn signals & loosened speakers & then pulled bolt out & I put that odd shape nut back in its socket,after refitting the screen,there is no sound from all the clarion units,have I moved something,the only wiring I touched was inside the turn signals,I did notice a white wire in the left & right turn signals & they were not connected to anything,at the end of the white wire is a rubber sleeve,I moved fuse holders around on the left side,so I could get my hand in.Would that white wire come from the amplifyer. Any help would be much appreciated......Thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Those white wire go to the speakers. Fish out both ends and re-connect them. They sometimes get loose and you may want to crimp the female ends just a little with a pair of pliers to tighten them up.

And yes, the white speaker wires come from the amp.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

High Bagmaster,the white wires are still conmected to the speaker,this other single white wire is just lying in there.

I'm in the wrong section here,I had better move it to the Tech section,I'll see you over the....Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.