Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Gents,

For a G1100 just brought home, I picked up some Sea Foam to try to clean up the carbs - the idle is a little rough still and I get just a couple of 'clacks' before it revs up smooth. Question is, where is the best application - should I just add it to the gas when the tank is around a quarter and let it run 'smoky' for awhile, or is it going to be better to apply it directly to each carb - if so exactly where do I introduce the treatment??

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

several years ago my 1000 began to run rough with one carb so I basically pumped carb cleaner into the carb... let it sit... then fired it up (was acutually hard to start on almost pure carb cleaner), finally ran... lots of smoke sputtering etc.... then ran smoth as ever.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
imported post

jedinice1980 wrote:
Gents,

For a G1100 just brought home, I picked up some Sea Foam to try to clean up the carbs - the idle is a little rough still and I get just a couple of 'clacks' before it revs up smooth. Question is, where is the best application - should I just add it to the gas when the tank is around a quarter and let it run 'smoky' for awhile, or is it going to be better to apply it directly to each carb - if so exactly where do I introduce the treatment??

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
We think alike, Ryan. see my post near your post on the page. I am wondering about the same thing - interested to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.