Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm rebuilding the clutch slave and wondered if anyone has flushed the reservoir and hose down to the end of the banjo (but not into the slave unit itself )with seafoam or any other cleaner ?????

:?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't do that. leave any Seafoam in the lines at all and it could leave you with no clutch while riding. Flush with fresh clutch/brake fluid only.

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

HelpR wrote:
I wouldn't do that. leave any Seafoam in the lines at all and it could leave you with no clutch while riding. Flush with fresh clutch/brake fluid only.
Thanks , I wasn't sure if SF would hurt.... I thought maybe it would clean out the lever plunger (I guess thats what you would call it )....I guess there wouldn't be any gunk buildup in the hose or banjo so i'll just flush with brake fluid.

the banjo bolts are clean also. slave unit wasn't that dirty, but some gunk was stuck to the sides of the slave...all clean now tho......THANKS

any other ideas or tips are appreciated !!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Doc
Pull it totally apart to clean it, if the reservoir is cruddy, so is the piston and seal/bore. That is the only way to ensure that is done right or you may be doing it all over again. Do it right the first time. Same with calipers and the slave unit. Some try and do it fast and DIRTY, and some do get away with it(it's what people who don't care enough about others do).
Remember bro, Do all things as unto the LORD

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

This may be a little different but I had my system in bits for the brakes. I used canned air like the sort they sell in computer shops to blast little bits of grit out of the banjos and reservoir.

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks guys ...I'm all done going for a test run to see if all is well and my clunking clutch is quieter....will let you all know how it worked out.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

wouldn't apply this to hoses, but to clean the reservoir both brake and clutch I have used brake disc cleaner in a spray can.

using a straw the small hole can be cleaned, and it cleans the viewer too. drys fast, and leaves no residue.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Keep it away from the rubber seals if you plan to reuse them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.