Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

At last we can get clear lights for our GL1800s. Chrome world are doing the back light (complete light replacements).

Trunk lights are $64, saddlebag ones are $69. Details at http://www.chromeworld.com
I didn't see front indicator replacements yet.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Me too. I wonder if these are the ones that Jan from Sweden was working on or if someone else beat him to the mark?

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Werner, how did you order the lights? I just got a mail from Chromeworld saying they don't ship outside of the USA/Canada and that my credit card has not been debited.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

I can't order the bits either. The transaction appears t go through and then you get the e-mail telling you that they don't ship outside US & Canada. I managed to find the small print on this after I'd wasted my time on it. Sod them, if one of us finds out where to get the lights elsewhere then we can just post the info here.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

Sorry but you are both correct. I checked my e-mails only today and have the message declining to send the goods to me as I live outside the USA.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi all ,

NOBODY has these lights in stock:( and they all are on back order ,I spoke with several suppliers in the states yesterday and no one has them yet ...may takes several weeks to get them in and then severl more weeks to send out to existing orders :(:(,,so be patient...cheers Ciaran:)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I have heard that Big Bike will be coming out with their own version that will have the Euro look on the bottom lights also, unlike the Wingleader's lights. :shock:

When I heard this and had the information verified, I cancelled my order that I had on the Wingleader lights. It will be worth the wait to get a better looking set. :D

Bob :dude:

Conroe, Texas USA

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

txwingnuts wrote:
I have heard that Big Bike will be coming out with their own version that will have the Euro look on the bottom lights also, unlike the Wingleader's lights.

Bob :dude:

Conroe, Texas USA
I definitely will prefer that Bob. All of the 4 lights should be the similar style. I look forward to more information from you on this.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Werner:

I received this reply from Bike Bike when I first heard about them coming out with their own version of the "Euro Lights". This reply was dated August 24, 2004.

"Yes I have seen the clear "Euro Style" tail light lens from Drag Specialties. There is one problem though. The trunk lens' do not match the saddlebag lens' on Drag's parts.

We are about 60 days away from having matching trunk tail lights, saddlebag tail lights, & trunk- saddlebag side lights all with matching clear lens'. Your wish has come true. I have seen the sampletrunk and saddlebag side lights on a bike and they look great. These things take time, and good things come to those who wait. Thanks again for your interest. Ride safe."

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

If anyone gets an update on this can you post it please, just in case it slips by me unnoticed.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I would like a set of them as well. They will look really good on the 1800. Surprizing that no-one started making them a couple of years back.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

We are still waiting Martin, no word yet. I should get an e-mail when they are shipping and I'll post the info here.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

The latest news that I have is.:skipping:Tobin in http://www.clearalternatives.com/index.htmlhas told me that they hope to have them ready for sale this month. :grinner:They only plan to make the front lenses at this time. :crying:Just in case The Wingnut might get a set before me, :gunhead:Tobin has promised that I will get the first setin Ireland, :jumper:and they would consider putting me on the board of directors :goofygrin:if I could make a video of the installation of the lenses ahem ! ! !:baffled:and place it on this great forum. Now I have to buy a camera. :stumped:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

REDWING WROTEJust in case The Wingnut might get a set before me, :gunhead:Tobin has promised that I will get the first setin Ireland, :jumper:and they would consider putting me on the board of directors :goofygrin:if I could make a video of the installation of the lenses :baffled:and place it on this great forum. Now I have to buy a camera. :stumped:
How could you make a video when you cant even see your keys?:shock:You could do with a new set of lenses alright but not on your bike:):):)....................THEY ARE ONLY HAVING YOU ON ,:D,THESE LENSES ARE NOT DUE IN UNTIL NOVEMBER ,,And from what I can gather it is BIG BIKE PARTS aka Show Chrome that are getting them ,,,So I have mine on order since last june and I will let you have a look at them first ,,just to annoy you :p:p,,,so dont worry steve you wont have to sell redwing your camera just yet,:waving::waving:Ciaran

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

a full set of clear lights is just what we need for the GL1800, the clearalternatives seems to be the only company that is making clear turn signals for the front.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

18eugene wrote:
a full set of clear lights is just what we need for the GL1800, the clearalternatives seems to be the only company that is making clear turn signals for the front.
Hey 18eugene, you are 100% correct. The only problem is,:action: that Tobin in http://www.clearalternatives.com/index.html does not have a date when they will be ready for sale, :crying:but patience is a virtue,;) and they are only making them for the front at this time. :clapper:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.