Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, probably just a dirty switch or the solenoid is going out on my 95.
Probably solenoid.

A few times yesterday I had to hit the starter button about 10 times or more and each time I got a nice solid CLICK sound but no starter. It happened a couple times on my CA. trip also but only took 2 or 3 tries to get starter to kick in.
Pretty sure the solenoid as I also had a rare problem a couple times it stuck and kept the starter cranking after the button was released.

Looks like I am going back to push starting again for awhile. Fond memories of the 88 LOL

Actually I do have another solenoid and starter etc.. here so no problem other than swapping the parts when I get the time.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I jumped on my bike the other day, and hit the starter switch, nothing happened. Hit it again, nothing, and again. Looked at my right hand and I was pushing the Set / Decel button instead...

More than once I've done that....

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
i jumped on my bike the other day, and hit the starter switch, nothing happened. Hit it again, nothing, and again. Looked at my right hand and i was pushing the set / decel button instead...

More than once i've done that....
Been There Done That.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Chromo doesn't feel right if he isn't push starting his ride, he's done it for so long it's become a habit! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chromo doesn't feel right if he isn't push starting his ride, he's done it for so long it's become a habit! ;)
Yep. I miss my 88! :ROFL:

I'll fix it.

I did for the heck of it push start, the 95 is a bit harder to get rolling than my 88 was but still got it fired up in about 4 feet same as I could do the 88, so no problem there LOL
Not sure why it seemed harder to roll, I got 45mpg on that tank of gas so not anything sticking or dragging. I got every drop of gas into the tank that would fit also so no chance I did not fill as full as other times. I was running mostly 55-60mph for 200 miles that tank, Branson Breakfast.

One real big difference between the 88 and 95 I do not like is that the 95 must be running or reverse will not work. I liked the 88 being able to use reverse with engine off!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
CHANGE ENGINES!!!

:lash::lash::lash::lash::lash::lash::wtf:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.