Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys:

'85 LTD. When I'm pushing back out of the garage I hear a clicking sound from the rear. It seems to be getting worse and I can now hear it if I really listen whencoming to a stop. I don't know if it was always there or if it's just that I'm aware of it now. What do you think? U-joint or something worse?

Thanks in advance

RR

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Jack the back off the ground put it in gear and grab the tire and move it back and forth to see if the u joint is making wierd noises from slack?

Possible loose Brake caliper?:baffled:

Or wheel bearing going bad?

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Uncledeadly wrote:
Hi guys:

'85 LTD. When I'm pushing back out of the garage I hear a clicking sound from the rear. It seems to be getting worse and I can now hear it if I really listen whencoming to a stop. I don't know if it was always there or if it's just that I'm aware of it now. What do you think? U-joint or something worse?

Thanks in advance
RR, there's a possibility you could have loose wheel bearings in the rear wheel. The early 1200 Wings had a series of wheels built incorrectly that had over sized holes for the bearings to press into. I think at one time Honda offered special bearings that were slightly over sized but don't think they are available any more. Worn rear wheel bearings will also give you a low speed clicking sound (worth a look).

Twisty

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Worn drive splines in the wheel are another possililty, it wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Also consider the big bearings in the diff, is the oil in the diff clean?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Probably the splines, these are known to wear from lack of greasing. I'd still change the diff oil first ust in case it's a simple case of bad or low oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.