Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a clock and temperature gauge, it definately needs to be backlit (either full time or momentary via a button), and preferably hard-wired to 12 volts.

The nearest I have found so far is this... http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=4144 made by Oxford Products.

Has anyone any leads/insight into a 12 volt, backlit, clock and temperature gauge, or gauges? :baffled:Oh, and affordable too....

Thanks.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

25 lookers, and no ideas? :baffled:

Someone must know something................surely? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Gary at Cyclemax has this I had one for a few years worked great Just don't mount where it can get wet
Thanks for the link, ccsailor, but I have one of those on my Magna......actually, it's the second one. The first one went haywire after a year; mind you the second one is lasting quite well after 4 years, (even after a drowningfrom rain more than once),so far.........:action:

Steve has had two of thoseon his 1500, and both died a death due to rain. He really only wanted a voltmeter, so eventually settled for one of the Kuryakyn ones.

I also have the Kuryakyn voltmeter on my Valkyrie. I have a Little Ben handlebar clock, but it's useless at night......no backlight.
This time of year, a thermometer would be useful too, in case of sudden temperature drops.............ice can be slippy...:goofygrin:....but if that too, is not backlit, it would be useless at night.

Hence my search for suitable units. If they were powered by the bikes' 12 volt system......that would be a bonus. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

Loud Pipes Just cover up poor riding skills!!!!!

Tell that to Valk owners!!!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Chippy, check out some ot the marine supliers. That is where I got my voltmeter. I found only1 clock and it is 2"D.
Good to see you back posting Neil.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Chippy, check out some ot the marine supliers. That is where I got my voltmeter. I found only1 clock and it is 2"D.
Good to see you back posting Neil.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:
Thanks Angela

well the weather turned to crap and the 1500 is almost all back together ( just looking for a few small parts now) so more time on my hands

Btw I have an original Hondaline clock ( analog) but I want $75 for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.