Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yea - It had to brake when I was out in the middle of nowhere....and I had to shift without a clutch to get home. It went fairly smooth. I've changed lots of clutch cables here and there, but is this one hard to get to? My Clymer manual makes it sound as easy as other bikes, but I'm guessing it's not. I'm waiting on the cable in the mail. Is there anything (tip or trick) I should know about?:baffled:

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Patience. Oh young bike dude.

If you haven't received a response, two things come to mind: 1. Everyone is out riding or eating their supper or2. theyjust haven't got back to ya.

These folks will help you but sometimes on a weekend they are busy.

Hope you find a solution soon. Besides, you don't have the part yet.:byebye:

Hobie

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I'd always just used duct tape and pulled the new cable in while pulling the old one out.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Patience. Oh young bike dude.

If you haven't received a response, two things come to mind: 1. Everyone is out riding or eating their supper or2. theyjust haven't got back to ya.
Yea - I'm impatient, but I am 50 and've been ridin' for 35 years.....I get upset when any of my bikes isn't on the road....turned out it was nearly as easy as a typical bike. A little harder to see though. The cable came in the mail this afternoon and was sittin' at the front door.

It's in! It's done.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I've taped the old and new cable ends together and pulled them through. Sometimes they will get stuck and you have to wiggle them through the gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.