Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New member here....and needing some assistance with my '92 GL-1500A. Clutch will not release. I rebuilt the master cylinder, changed fluids, bleed the lines and still only getting partial action from the clutch. The fluid and master cylinder had all kinds of junk in it. I suspect that I need to rebuild the slave cylinder also. The shop manual I have says it can be done with the engine installed but the rest of the instructions and photos in the manual are for the procedures with the engine off the frame. Can it be done with the engine mounted? Any special tools needed? It looks awful tight in there. Any help appreciated.

-JR

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yes the slave cyl. can be done with out removing the engine. but yes it is close back there. with out a lift , its even closer. but , it can be done.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

It's easy to perform with the engine still mounted... the only obstacle you may have is the Carbon Canister (which is present only on the CA model).

There's only 3 bolts holding the slave cylinder to the engine.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys for responding. Will drag the lift out and give it a try this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

it helps to have a small mirror handy to see if its all cleaned out inside , a long with a good flash lite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.