Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had clutch failure today on my 84 Aspy. There isair in the clutch line I need to bleed the clutch. I have a Clymers and proceedure looks easy enough. However, how does one get to the "bleed valve?"

I see where it is, but cant get to it. I can get the dust cap off, but how do you "open" the valve?? Its impossible to get to with the hands.

Does the fresh fluid have to be drawn from the bleeder valve or is there an easier way??

thanks

Speedbird

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Ok, I have gone back 10 pages and found response to my problem. What I thought might be easy, once again a nightmare.......it figures. How could anything be easy on this bike. Stupid me.

Speedbird

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

The best and most reliable way to bleed the clutch on a gl1200 or gl1500 is to inject brake fluid from the nipple up to the banjo bolt. This always works.There are a few threads about how to do this already.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok, thanks to all. I went back and read the many many post on this problem and this morning, I managed to get things back to normal. I got a stiff one (clutch lever) again...

thanks

Bill

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Speedbird wrote:
Ok, thanks to all. I went back and read the many many post on this problem and this morning, I managed to get things back to normal. I got a stiff one (clutch lever) again...
thanks
Bill
Glad you could get it up! :banana:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

Funny little story on bleeding a clutch, when i went to go look at this bike that i own now, the clutch master cylinder was all taken apart and such. i paid 200 dollars for my goldwing, seem someone told the PO that something was wrong with the tranny . so i started to do some research on the web , and where did i end up,, RIGHT HERE lol, went to the store and bought a turkey baster and some plastic tubing. worked the first time, have been riding it ever since:clapper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.