Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi ,i have just changed the clutch fluid on my 2004,gl1800 and i can now heara sound like air in the system that i don,t remember hearing before,i have read that the sound may be coming from inside the clutch and disappears when the engine is running,i have not been able to takeit out for a test ride yet as i am waiting for the rain to stop,has anybodycome across this noise before,or maybe it is normal.many thanks clive

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I,ve done mine several times and no new noise has arisen afterwards.

If done according to the manual then you should not have had any new noise

arise.

Try to rebleed it,Or it could be a fluke of timing that some other problem is rearing its

ugly head.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i have tryed a bleeder connected to a compressor and also the usual way and can get no air out so until i,ve tested it i won,t know if there is a problem but thanks for the reply.clive

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i,ve managed to take the bike out and although the noise is there,after starting the engine it disappears,this is normal according to another forum i have been on,and the clutch is working fine so i will keep checking and hopefully it is no longer a problem.thanks clive

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

You can hear the clutch work when the bike is not running, that is quite normal.

Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.