Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

I suggest upon changing the brake and master fluids that lint free rags and contact cleaner are used. Take caps/covers off and take a turkey baster and pull out old fluid best you can. Next, take the contact cleaner on a rag and use to clean reservoir(s) out /get gunk out. Then useQ tips with contact cleaner to get the gunk out of the casting marks. Now the reservoirs are clean and fill with DOT 4 and rinse/bleed systems till clean and air free. I do this every winter. Hint: to :complete" this job, take 12mm top and 10mm bottom bolt out that keeps brake and clutch levers in place. Take rag with contact cleaner on it and clean mating area of perches. Lube cruise control cancel switch, master cylinder plunger and stop light switch also. Clean and grease both levers and reinstall. Upon tighten 12mm screws, check for lever to return full off..not binding. Once correct adjustment is made, lock bolt in place with bottom 10mm nut. You will not believe the smooth operation/quite throw of the levers AND your front pads might last longer. I do this EVER winter and all bikes I service have NEVER had this done. I also lube choke and throttle cables at same time and grease plastic throttle barrel at same time, every winter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.