Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,377 Posts
imported post

Exavid, I have a question about the clutch master cylinder. Hopefully this makes sense. I decided to change the fluid for all the brakes and clutch today. Just like you, I discovered a lot of gunk in the clutch master cylinder. More so than any of the brake master cylinders. As I was cleaning all the gunk out, I must have knocked a small metal piece free in the bottom of clutch master cylinder. A quick check of the microfiche and I found out that it is called a "protector". I saw a similar thing in the front brake master cylinder. It was fitted into the depression for the hole at the bottom and a flat semicircle side extended out. I noticed on the clutch side, there were 2 holes, one in the depression and one off to the side. I pressed open side back in snug also in the depression and the semi circular side covered the other hole. I didn't know if it was supposed to be fully pushed down or just pushed in snug. Do you by chance know what this does and what is the proper way to install it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.