Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello alltogether,

today the cable popped out of the clutch switch. I canshove it back inplace but connection will be probably poor and the cable tends to slip out again.

for my understanding:

As far as I know the switch is closed (connected) when clutch lever is pulled. This closes the cirquit to the starter mag. switch.

This is to avoidstarting enginewith gear engaged and without disengaged clutch.

So when this clutch cirquit is broken in open position open and the two cables therefor are disconnected, the starter mag. switch won't work at all, either with or without pulling clutch lever.

If this description is correct I have to short the clutch cables to make starter motor working possible.

Is this description all correct?

Is there a way to fix the tiny clutch switch or is there any replacement part to keep using this useful device?

Thank you in advance for any hint,

best regards, Ralf

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

Yes, you are correct. However, you should still be able to start the bike in neutral, provided the neutral switch is working ok.

It is possible to connect the 2 clutch switch wires together, but then you run the risk of accidentally starting the bike in gear.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thank you fellows,

the replacement part costs 14 pounds plus shipment, I consider to order it at Silver's.

Quick fix will be jumping the cables.

Thanks again and best regards from Germany,

Ralf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.