Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1996 Interstate. Getting ready to replace my clutch line tonight. got the new one last night and new crush washers as well. Any one have any advice one way or another.

All smart comments and wise cracks welcome I hjave thick skin except my knucles.:waving:;):cheesygrin:

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Are you replacing it with a Stock Honda Line, or a full-length Stainless Steel?

If SS, then beware of having he line contact the rear of the alternator where it may cause an electrical short --(The stock line does not have that issue)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

While you're in there, it would be a good time to Service the Clutch Slave Cylinder... simply unbolt it from the rear of the engine (3 bolts), and clean it out.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Replaced the clutch line last night still need to bleed line today. Lesson learned really no need to remove fairing just left side inner fairing and side panels. The clutch line has a clamp a little ways down the left side of frame just push it off long pry bar will do then along the frame and beside the tank is another small pressure clamp again just pry it off
the last clamp is on the swing arm again just pry it off.
I did remove the alt made it easier to get the hose through. What I believe I would do next time is take frame to motor mount bracket off easier to maneuver line along frame. now today I get to reassemble front fairing. Hope this helps someone.
Gary:waving::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.