Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone had this problem I bleed my clutch and it work fine then a few days later I lose my pressure on the clutch. there is a small drip coming from the slave cylinder so air is getting in but is it a O ring and if so is it hard to do? Or is it something else?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for your time oldishwinger. Is taking the slave cylinder out a hard job?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

Its a little fiddly to get out, there isn't a lot of room, but if you release all the hoses,and unscrew the crankshaft breather container, on the left hand side and temporarily move the hose out of the way, it will give you a clearer view of the slave cyclinder.

good luck,

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I started to work on it and after cleanning it and looking at it it turnes out it's leaking from the bottom bolt of the clutch cover. Would this be still the oil seals in the slave cylinder?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

if the leak started after you bled the system, and it is brake fluid you are seeing, then, it will be the slave cylinder, I would check there first anyway.

cheers,

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

mine did the same thing. turns out there was varnish inside the bore, plus i am sure the cup/seal was weak. i cleaned the bore and replace the seal and cup/seal . once bled everything is working fine.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Did the slave cylinder come out no problem?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

undo the screws holding it, and move the cylinder backwards to clear the clutch cover, there is just enough clearance, from the frame which will allow you to remove it.

there is a short push rod that sits between the centre, of the clutch, and a rubber seal, on the piston, in the slave cyclinder, there may be a slight pressure from this, as you release the cyclinder screws, thats normal.

with the seals being worn, you might see a bit of fluid leak out when unscrewing, that's OK too.

remove the piston, clean the bore,piston spring etc. replace the rubber skirt on the piston, and rubber seal in the top of the piston. there should be absolutely no pitting anywhere.

with mine,it was really bad, so I cleaned the bore, and replaced everything else.

cheers,

you are cleaning aluminum, and it scratches easily, so take care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.